- Yukoners welcome new care facility (15)
- Company failed to report bear’s death (11)
- Councillor is seeking a return engagement (10)
- Fixtures pose no immediate health risk, doc assures (9)
- Candidate sets his sights on council (6)
- Premier, ministers met with senators (5)
- Bomb was mailed from Whitehorse: victim’s spouse (3)
- Sexualized violence prevention policy unveiled (2)
August 23, 2018
- Archers return from nationals with hardware Yukon archers took the podium earlier this month at the national championships held in Truro, N.S.
- Maritime kitchen party scheduled for tonight’s entertainment at 55+ Games Apparently age doesn’t seem to matter when it comes to Team Yukon’s medal count at the Canada 55+ Games in Saint John, N.B.
August 22, 2018
- Team Yukon begins medal count at 55+ Games The Canada 55+ Games are underway in Saint John, N.B. and so is Team Yukon’s medal count.
- Locals faring well at the orienteering championships being held here Local orienteerers are leaving their mark on the North American and Canadian Orienteering Championships.
August 21, 2018
- Whitehorse loses bid to host 2020 Games; Kamloops chosen Whitehorse has lost it’s bid to host the 2020 Canada 55+ Games to Kamloops B.C.
- Orienteerers competed today in the sprint event at the Carcross Desert More than 500 orienteers from 22 countries are in the fourth day of competition today.
August 17, 2018
- Team Yukon heading to Canada 55+ Games Team Yukon begins competing Tuesday at the Canada 55+ Games in Saint John, N.B.
- Over 500 athletes registered for orienteering championships The North American Orienteering Championships are underway in Whitehorse
August 16, 2018
- Skookum Aspalt Pro-Am Charity Golf Tournament drives home almost $50K The 9th Annual Skookum Asphalt Pro-Am Golf Charity Tournament held recently at the Mountain View Golf Club brought the Yukon Hospital Foundation’s campaign almost $50,000 closer to creating the first medical simulation centre in the north.
- Winners Natalie Haltrich and Eric Fekete of the local Yukon Quest office
- Luke Carlos, Anette Kralisch record fastest times in 10-km championship run Luke Carlos posted the fastest overall time Tuesday evening to win the Athletics Yukon’s 10-kilometre championship.
August 15, 2018
- Morton, Kerjean win solo triathlon events Brian Morton set the pace for Saturday’s Long Lake Triathlon.
August 14, 2018
- Record numbers turn out for motorcycle races A record 53 riders turned out for Saturday’s Mosquito Harescramble races hosted by the Yukon Cross Country Motorcycle Association at the Schirmer Family Ranch.