We are probably all aware of the story of Terry Fox,
The official mascot of the Whitehorse 2020 Arctic Winter Games (AWG) stepped off the plane Wednesday and right into his role as an ambassador of the Games.
- Candidates’ campaigns kick into gear (22)
- Frenzied demand for doctors creating frustrations (14)
- Efforts continue to resurrect Many Rivers (9)
- Alexander Street landscaping won’t proceed (6)
- Yukon Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Action Plan released (4)
- Whistle Bend subdivision lots proved popular (3)
- Cyclists ride in North America’s largest Gran Fondo (3)
- Driving school reaches the end of the road (3)
Subscribers only access
September 13, 2019
- Disc golfers go east for Canadian Nationals A quartet of Yukon disc golfers packed their discs and headed to Bonshaw, P.E.I. to compete in the Canadian Nationals over the weekend.
September 12, 2019
- Ben Wondga earns gold at Knight of Champions It was in 2017 that Yukon bodybuilder Ben Wondga last set foot on stage.
September 11, 2019
- NVD joins 2020 AWG as first platinum sponsor The Whitehorse 2020 Arctic Winter Games (AWG) secured their first Platinum Sponsor last Thursday,
- Views from the 37th Klondike Road Relay .
September 10, 2019
- Cyclists ride in North America’s largest Gran Fondo A total of 5,000 cyclists, representing more than 45 nations, descended on Vancouver for North America’s largest Gran Fondo.
September 9, 2019
- Teams run from Skagway to Whitehorse There were 204 official teams for the 37th annual Klondike Trail of ‘98 International Road Relay. There were 170 teams that left from Skagway on Friday evening for Whitehorse.
September 6, 2019
- Kayakers show well at Canadian Nationals The weeklong 2019 Canoe Kayak Canada Sprint National Champions were held in Regina from August 27-31.
- Youth lace up, hit the field for YSAA Soccerfest On a beautiful sunny Thursday afternoon,
- Equestrians ride in Dressage Show It was another busy weekend at the Northern Tempo Equestrian Centre.