The Yukon Orienteering Association (YOA) concluded their Coast Mountain Sports Sprint Series on Thursday,
The Government of Yukon and the Recreation and Parks Association of the Yukon are encouraging all Yukoners to participate in ParticipACTION’s inaugural Community Better Challenge.
The Yukon was represented by the Subzero 14U Boys and 15U Girls at the Volleyball Canada Nationals tournament at the Saville Community Centre in Edmonton on the weekend. The three-day event saw over 1,000 athletes.
The snow has melted and the mercury continues to rise in the thermometers.
- YG eyes limiting dump shopping (18)
- Stiffer bylaw advocated to cope with bears (16)
- Man not guilty of refusing to provide a breath sample (8)
- ‘We can’t be throwing blame here and there’ (7)
- Boys, girls teams represent Yukon at Nationals (2)
- Cowley Creek lots draw 100 applications (2)
- Valleyview Community Greenhouse Has Water (2)
- We’re being smothered in taxes! (2)
Subscribers only access
May 16, 2019
- Squash hosts Star Wars-themed tournament In three squash courts in a gym far, far away, Squash Yukon hosted their Squash Wars tournament on Saturday at Better Bodies. The tournament featured five divisions.
- CFSAY ends their second sport season The Canadian Filipino Sports Association of Yukon (CFSAY) ended their second sports season on May 4 at Vanier Catholic Secondary School.
- Cyclists race in the Tour de Haines Junction The Tour de Haines Junction 2019 on Sunday had the most participants ever.
May 15, 2019
- Yukon athletes test their physical prowess On Saturday, 56 Yukon athletes participated in the RBC Training Grounds to test their physical and athletic ability at the Canada Games Centre.
- Table tennis players earn Yukon Championship crowns The 2019 Yukon Championships of table tennis were held on the first weekend of May at École Whitehorse Elementary School.
May 14, 2019
- Ontario wins female NAHC bronze In the first of four games on Sunday at the Takhini Arena,
- Manitoba, B.C. play with gold medal berth on the line During the first intermission of the 2019 National Aboriginal Hockey Championship bronze medal game on Sunday at the Takhini Arena,
May 13, 2019
- Manitoba beats Saskatchewan for gold The gold medal game wasn’t without controversy.
- Saskatchewan girls down Manitoba 5-1 It was a battle of the prairie provinces in the first gold medal game at Takhini Arena on Sunday as Saskatchewan and Manitoba squared off in the final contest.
May 10, 2019
- Team North female wins both qualifiers Team North female placed ninth after the round-robin of the 2019 National Aboriginal Hockey Champion and had two games Thursday to earn a berth into the quarter-finals.
- Ontario wins rematch against Team North It was a battle of the sixth and seventh-placed seeds after the round-robin.