Larry “Cowboy” Smith, known for his dog mushing, rodeo days and as a trapliner, died early this week.
- COVID restrictions spark protest rally (31)
- Cases of COVID’s Brazilian variant reported in territory (30)
- Election sees Liberals held to a minority government (28)
- Election Undecided pending recount (27)
- White sees ‘conversations’ in her near future (23)
- Winner rejoices at creating history (20)
- Parties will work together, Silver vows (19)
- ‘It’s a very interesting decision by Yukoners’: Dixon (15)
Subscribers only access
April 14, 2021
- Softball season will return with COVID rules “Play ball” will echo throughout the Softball Yukon fields this summer as minor and adult leagues will be able to have a season during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Fun On The Courts From March 29 to April 1, the third annual Picklecup was played at the Canada Games Centre.
April 12, 2021
- Slush Cup creates 14 minutes of mayhem Biathlon Yukon held their end of season Slush Cup and Volunteer Appreciation Day Sunday afternoon at the biathlon range.
April 9, 2021
- Female hockey players talk competing down south On March 28, four Yukon female hockey players who play Outside the territory gathered on a Zoom meeting to discuss their experiences playing at academies down south.
- Alpine Yukon raises $3,600 for food bank Last Sunday, The Alpine Yukon downhill Race Team wrapped-up its ski season by taking on a club challenge “Ski-a-thon” and raised over $3,600 for the Whitehorse Food Bank.
- Air North Rangers pick up the double In an absorbing final game of the season, the spectators witnessed Air North take on Klondike Business Solutions in over 35’s soccer action.
April 8, 2021
- Arctic Winter Games rescheduled for 2023 The Arctic Winter Games International Committee (AWGIC) has announced Jan. 29 to Feb. 4, 2023 as the rescheduled dates for the Wood Buffalo Arctic Winter Games.
April 7, 2021
- CSG boys down Idolos 3-2 in futsal championship game The Whitehorse Futsal League came to a thrilling end last Wednesday at the Canada Games Centre.
April 6, 2021
- Polarettes promised a new gymnastics facility No matter who wins the April 12 territorial election, the Polarettes and Polar Tumblers Gymnastics Club will be receiving a new gymnastics facility.