Superhoops resumed after a long break because of the holidays,
The female hockey team for the 2020 Arctic Winter Games in Whitehorse has been finalized.
Mushers in the 2020 Yukon Quest 1,000-mile race as well as in the YQ 300 took one step closer to the starting chute last Saturday when they dropped off their bags to travel up trail.
Only 15 mushers remain in contention for the Yukon Quest 1,000 Mile International Sled Dog Race.
- Tread carefully on housing incentive: Boyd (19)
- City asked for clarity on use of e-bikes (17)
- Suspects sought after armed robberies (14)
- Historic land claim’s key creators reunite (11)
- Funding unveiled for mining investment event (11)
- Woman was reluctant to see a nurse, inquest told (8)
- Ice bridge enters wider, thicker phase (7)
- Nurses testify at inquest into woman’s death (Revised) (6)
Subscribers only access
January 24, 2020
- Rampant KBS dominate league leaders If you were looking at the leagues table before the start of this game,
January 22, 2020
- Yukon skiers have a busy weekend It was a busy weekend for Yukon cross country skiers both nationally and internationally.
- The week that was in Oldtimer hockey league action Mike Gau poured in the game winner midway through the final period
January 21, 2020
- Geoffroy-Gagnon skis to sixth in Italy Yukon freestyle skier Etienne Geoffroy-Gagnon skied to his best world cup placement in Seiser Alm, Italy on Saturday.
- Marsh Lake Classic Cross-Country Ski Loppet registration is open Registration opened last Friday evening.
January 20, 2020
- Teams vie in Yukon’s first Lego League qualifier Last year, there was only one Yukon team competing in FIRST Lego League.
January 17, 2020
- Brian McKeever, guide Graham Nishikawa strike gold at World Cup in Germany Brian McKeever and guide, Yukon Graham Nishikawa bounced back to win the gold medal under marginal conditions at the Para-Nordic World Cup in Altenberg, Germany.
- Lotteries Yukon contributes $700,000 to 2020 AWG Athletes and artists from across the Circumpolar North will have the opportunity to compete,
- Athletes prepare for Yukon Arctic Ultra On January 30 at Shipyards Park,
- Beatty crashes into 29th in Dresden Canada’s Dahria Beatty will take a lot of positives from a crash and a 29th place finish in last Saturday’s World Cup skate-ski sprint race on the streets of Dresden, Germany.
- Yukon Info win thriller over Westmark Yukon Info.com beat league leaders Westmark 5-4 in an incredible game in over 35 soccer action on Saturday.
January 16, 2020
- Biathlon sets AWG ski, snowshoe team Fans of biathlon will get to watch two disciplines at the 2020 Arctic Winter Games in Whitehorse: ski and snowshoe. Although two different styles of the sport, they will share coaches.