Yukon freestyle skier Etienne Geoffroy-Gagnon has spent the summer training in Montreal for a season that was up in the air until recently.
Blaine Tessier won the One Club Wonder golf tournament on Sept. 12.
When it was announced April 30 that the Klondike Road Relay (KRR) would be cancelled because of the COVID-19 pandemic, organizers did not rest on their laurels. Instead, they got to work organizing a virtual race.
- Strategy to cost $500 million over 10 years (38)
- Climate change strategy underwhelms NDP leader (18)
- Potential battery site generates wide opposition from neighbours (17)
- Cathers to seek another term in next election (13)
- Outside investors have been turned away, city told (13)
- Residents’ anxieties have been heard: Yukon Energy (13)
- Potential Tank Farm lots take another step (9)
- Van Bibber to seek second term in Porter Creek North (8)
Subscribers only access
September 18, 2020
- 2021 Canada Summer Games get postponed Athletes across the country are going to have to wait until the summer of 2022 to vie in the Canada Summer Games originally slated to take place in August 2021.
- Breckenridge inspires Air North for team’s debut win Iain Breckenridge is the new captain of the Air North Rangers team and he took that responsibility with both hands,
September 15, 2020
- Terry Fox Run goes virtual On Sept. 20, Yukoners can participate in the nation-wide 2020 Terry Fox Run in memory of Terry Fox and those affected by cancer.
September 14, 2020
- Roy-Jauvin, Whyte win Mis-Adventure Race Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, runners were still able to safely vie in the 2020 Mis-Adventure Trail Race,
September 11, 2020
- Mushers react to Yukon Quest cancellation On Sept. 3, the board of directors of the Yukon Quest International Association (YQIA) on the Canadian side cancelled the 38th running of the Yukon Quest.
September 9, 2020
- Dahria Beatty prepared for ski season The International Ski Federation (FIS) will decide on whether it will be hosting world cup cross country ski races by mid-October.