The U Kon Echelon Bike Club did not let cold temperatures and a little bit of snow stop them from getting on their mountain bikes and racing Friday afternoon at the Porter Creek Secondary School trails.
- Per-capita cannabis sales led the nation (29)
- Help ease the housing crunch, government urged (21)
- ‘This needs to stop’: vet (17)
- Students are fined $700 each for not isolating themselves (16)
- Northwestel seeks approval for unlimited Internet (11)
- City’s emissions have risen by 40 per cent (11)
- Many Rivers subject of RCMP forensic audit (11)
- Council opts to sacrifice raise (9)
Subscribers only access
October 19, 2020
- Oldtimer hockey league roundup Dave Bakica kicked off a most unusual Whitehorse Oldtimers Hockey season with the first goal of the league season as Medicine Chest blanked Air North 3-0 at Takhini Arena on Wednesday night in Senior Circuit action.
October 16, 2020
- Glacier Bears keep eyes set on goals The Whitehorse Glacier Bears had their swim season cut short because of the COVID-19 pandemic in March.
- Driving Force’s Grady greedy for goals In the first game of the morning in over 35’s soccer action,
October 15, 2020
- RBC Training Ground goes virtual In May 2019, 56 Yukon athletes participated in the RBC Training Ground to test their physical and athletic ability at the Canada Games Centre. It was the first time the program was held north of 60.
October 14, 2020
- Archers look for a place to shoot The 2020 3D Archery Championships at the end of September marked the final weekend of the outdoor shooting season.
- Table tennis players waiting with ‘bated breath’ Like the archers (see story above), the territory’s table tennis players are waiting on school gyms to open to user groups so training and game-play can continue.
October 13, 2020
- Broomball rink gets new roof, lights When the Yukon’s broomball players take the rink for the coming season they will be doing so under a new roof and LED lights.
- Off The Hack The Whitehorse Curling Club began season play Thanksgiving Monday.
October 8, 2020
- Gymnasts remain focused on their goals In May, the Polarettes were the first gymnastics club in the country to reopen its doors after the COVID-19 pandemic shuttered gyms nation-wide.