It was a weekend full of volleyball action as both Grade 8 and Grade 9/10 teams vied for the Volleyball Championships.
Volleyball season is still rolling as the Grade 9/10 Volleyball Championships got rolling on Thursday evening at Porter Creek Secondary School.
It was a weekend of glitz and glamour at the Whitehorse Curling Club for the Las Vegas themed Ladies Bonspiel this weekend.
- Series of ambitious greenhouse gas controls unveiled (23)
- Supporters gather at café facing eviction (17)
- City council approves Centennial Street complex (12)
- Last call sounds for beloved cocktail inventor (6)
- Find a Family Doctor online program launched (5)
- The Yukon River freezes at Dawson City (3)
- Yukoner will be inducted into Canadian Mining Hall of Fame (2)
- A foreign company helped bring in Vivian Krause (1)
Subscribers only access
November 18, 2019
- Oldtimers hockey action Darryl Cann showed no rust from a conditioning stint in the minors,
November 15, 2019
- River Quest shatters registration record Last year, the Yukon River Quest set a registration record with all 125 spots filling in 36 hours along with a substantial waitlist.
November 14, 2019
- Wolf Pack putting southern teams on notice The Wolf Pack basketball club sent their U13s and U15s to Calgary to compete in the Remembrance Weekend Tournament hosted by the Calgary Storm Basketball Club at the CSB Athletic Centre.
November 13, 2019
- Bantam Mustangs showing improvements The Bantam Mustangs, which features a core of players from last year’s BC Championship gold medal-winning peewee team, travelled to B.C. to compete in the Salmon Arm Tier 2/3 Tournament over the weekend.
- AWG girls b-ball tryouts seeing lots of talent Trials for some of the 21 sports featured at the 2020 Arctic Winter Games began early in November.
- Oldtimers hockey league action Peter Johnston banged in a bouncing puck
- Ladroue’s clinical finishing hurts Driving Force JP Ladroue is a cultured man,
November 12, 2019
- Warriors sweep Supervolley finals The F.H. Collins Warriors and the Porter Creek Rams girls teams got the Supervolley championships rolling on Friday night at Porter Creek Secondary School.
November 8, 2019
- Oldtimers hockey wrap-up Gary Jerome brought his own crowd (his kids) to his game Sunday night,
- Rams earn finals match against F.H. The Porter Creek Rams used their oh-so steady defence to defeat the Vanier Crusaders 3-1 in Supervolley semifinal action at Porter Creek on Thursday.
- Warriors prevail in Supervolley semifinal The F.H. Collins Warriors chose a good time to pick up their first win of the Supervolley season as they defeated the Porter Creek Rams 3-1 on their home floor in semifinal action on Thursday.
November 7, 2019
- Martial artists see success in jiu-jitsu tourney The jiu-jitsu practitioners at Elite Martial Arts Academy have returned from Anchorage after competing in the Alaska State No-Gi Submission Grappling Championships last Saturday.