The “Kinda” Klondike Road Relay’s registration opens Wednesday.
The Mosquito Harescramble motorcycle endurance race takes place tomorrow at the end of Mosquito Road on the Sherwood family ranch.
Mikayla Kramer, 18, who grew up in Whitehorse and is now living in Kelowna, BC,
The Whitehorse Co-ed Slo-pitch League is re-starting their 2021 season today. Softball Yukon Executive Director George Arcand explained what the decision was based on.
- Downtown site chosen for drug safe-house (57)
- COVID-19 cases still declining (13)
- City asked to agree to charges reduction (12)
- Public notified of 20 new COVID-19 cases (10)
- Worries expressed over easing of COVID rules (10)
- Families to be refunded for July’s child care expenses (6)
- ‘I’m just glad it turned out the way it did’ (5)
- U.S. border stays closed for another month (4)
Subscribers only access
July 23, 2021
- Skateboard workshops The Northern Cultural Expressions Society is holding skateboard workshops for Indigenous youth.
- The Yukon’s Canadian Olympic Foundation’s 50/50 draw Aug. 1 Canada’s very first nationwide 50/50 draw is raising funds for Canadian Olympic athletes.
July 19, 2021
- Hockey coach rallies former players to help battle flooding Minor hockey coach Michael Tuton rallied his former players to help out with sandbagging in the Marsh Lake area of Yukon.
July 16, 2021
- ‘Race to the Klondyke’ river race to begin August 14 The Yukon River Marathon Paddlers Association (YRMPA) has announced a new river race to replace the 2021 Yukon River Quest (YRQ), which was cancelled at the last minute due to rising water levels deemed unsafe to race in by the organizers.
- Sunny Sky Equine holds gymkhana Sunny Sky Equine Services held a gymkhana this past weekend on their property near Whitehorse.
July 14, 2021
- YG announces $1.6 million in funding for sports and rec organizations The government of Yukon (YG) has announced $1.6 million in funding to territorial sports organizations, special recreational groups, high-performance athletes and officials.
July 12, 2021
- Yukon COVID Response Team hosts sports and rec meeting The Yukon COVID Response Team held a Zoom meeting with the principle sports and recreation organizations in Whitehorse last Friday.