Pet Of The Week
- Curtis plans second run for territorial office (47)
- City pays mere lip service to comments: resident (19)
- YG attempting to work with vaccine supply uncertainties (17)
- Land lotteries lure a record 780 applicants (15)
- YG assists Haines disaster relief effort (10)
- Yukon University board welcomes seven new members (10)
- Encounter with Canada evaporates (8)
- Faro to receive new RCMP detachment (5)
Subscribers only access
December 18, 2020
- When some kinds of death are not final (Bookends) Sometime in the near future, or perhaps in some alternate timeline, a miraculous thing happens. Anyone who is intentionally killed doesn’t stay dead.
- Rendezvous Rotary Club receives $10,000 donation The Rendezvous Rotary Club has received a $10,000 donation from Whiskey Jacks Pub/Big Bear Donair for the club’s local and international community service projects.
December 11, 2020
- Shylow Pet Of The Week
- Exploring kids’ books for the Christmas season (Bookends) It’s Christmas Eve,
December 4, 2020
- Storm Pet Of The Week.
- Two pulp heroes meet for the first time (Bookends) Before there were original comic books – because the first ones were reprints of newspaper adventure strips – there were pulp magazines, which featured short adventure and mystery novels as well as short stories.
- Yukon Entertainer Nominated Yukoner Clair Ness’s Broccoli Farm children’s album has been nominated for the Children’s Album of The Year at the Canadian Folk Music Awards.
November 27, 2020
- Yukoner sees his first book published A Parade of Dreams: Poetry Illustrated with Photographs is the first book published by Christopher Wheeler, a Whitehorse author and photographer.
- Chinook Pet Of The Week
- A deformed killer leaves a gruesome trail (Bookends) John Gardner, who died in 2007, is one of those journeyman type of writers who seem to be very comfortable playing in other people’s sandboxes.
November 20, 2020
- Manouane Pet Of The Week
- Aliens take on the salvation of the human race (Bookends) Dawn is the first book of an eventual series known as The Xenogenesis Trilogy,