Pet Of The Week
- College gets $26 million from Ottawa (7)
- YG adds one French immersion class for kindergarteners (6)
- Reimbursed money could top $100 million (6)
- Report on zoning changes comes forward (5)
- Cook Street property owners could face LIC vote (5)
- Man obtained money through false pretenses: judge (5)
- Drug activity sees property ordered vacated (4)
- Acting deputy Finance minister named (3)
Subscribers only access
March 13, 2019
- Discussing Her Creations Kaisu Koivisto of Helsinki, Finland
March 8, 2019
- History shows it holds the key to murder ( Bookends ) This is the sixth entry in the Duncan Kincaid/Gemma James series.
- A Budding Scientist Julia Colwell from Christ the King Elementary School
- A Time For Celebration The All-City Band celebrated 20 years last Saturday with a concert featuring the Senior Wind Ensemble.
March 6, 2019
- Exhibits open Thursday at arts centre gallery Two new exhibits will open Thursday at the Yukon Arts Centre Gallery.
March 1, 2019
- The Coroner: comparing the novel and the TV series ( Bookends ) This week saw the season finale (episode 8) of the CBC’s latest mystery offering, Coroner.
- Final Performance Looms Members of the Music,
February 27, 2019
- Venues draped with arts centre’s generosity Thanks to Lotteries Yukon, the Yukon Arts Centre has been able to purchase all new theatre curtains, and supply some other venues with curtains for the first time.
February 22, 2019
- Watching Sir Francis Bacon as a detective ( Bookends ) Sir Francis Bacon’s reputation as the developer of the scientific method stems from “the conviction that the human mind is fitted for knowledge of nature and must derive it from observation, not from abstract reasoning.” (Encyclopedia Britannica)
- Stitches Earn Recognition The 2018 Yukon Heritage Awards were handed out Monday evening in Whitehorse.
- Music Makes Money The All-City Band Society’s dessert and dance took place Feb. 9.
- Mr. Whiskers Pet Of The Week
February 20, 2019
- Big names form part of arts centre’s spring lineup Former Barenaked Ladies singer/songwriter Steven Page will lead off the Yukon Arts Centre’s spring and summer lineup with a concert on April 27.
February 15, 2019
- Trinity Pet Of The Week
- Three books about education for young readers ( Bookends ) This week’s trio of books will all need to be read to their audiences, so it’s good that they are all fun and not too boring for adults.