All use of the Whitehorsestar.com is subject to the terms and conditions set forth below. By accessing and using any portion of Whitehorsestar.com or any service on Whitehorsestar.com, you agree and accept the terms and conditions described below. These terms and conditions represent a binding contract between you and Whitehorse Star. These terms and conditions are in addition to any other agreements between you and Whitehorse Star.
Whitehorsestar.com contains two types of content:
“Whitehorsestar.com’s Own Content” means information entered into Whitehorsestar.com by employees and authorized representatives of Whitehorse Star.
“Other Content” means any other information entered into Whitehorsestar.com by Users or other persons.
Use of Whitehorsestar.com
Whitehorse Star hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and use Whitehorsestar.com for the fees (if any) and under the terms described in this Agreement. You agree that your use of Whitehorsestar.com is solely for personal, non-commercial purposes. If accessing content that requires a paid subscription, only one person at a time may access Whitehorsestar.com using the User’s screen name and password without the prior consent of Whitehorse Star.
The User may, free of charge and on an occasional basis, make a single copy in paper form of an individual Whitehorse Star article appearing in Whitehorsestar.com for personal, non-commercial use provided the User includes all copyright and other proprietary rights notices that appeared on the original and includes a notice indicating that Whitehorsestar.com is the source of the material.
In addition to any other restrictions on use contained in this agreement, the User may not disseminate any portion of Whitehorsestar.com through electronic means, including mailing lists or electronic bulletin boards, without the prior consent of Whitehorse Star. You can freely add news from Whitehorsestar.com to your website with our RSS feeds.
Except as expressly permitted in this agreement, Whitehorsestar.com may not be reproduced, transmitted, or distributed without permission from Whitehorse Star.
The User may not commingle any portion of Whitehorsestar.com with any other information and shall not edit, modify, or alter any portion. All of Whitehorse Star’s own content is either the property of Whitehorse Star Ltd. The User shall honor all reasonable requests by Whitehorse Star to protect Whitehorse Star’s proprietary interests in Whitehorsestar.com.
In addition, the User may not:
1. Use Whitehorsestar.com for any purpose that is prohibited by any law or regulation, or to facilitate the violation of any law or regulation;
2. Use or attempt to use any “deep-link,” “scraper,” “robot,” “bot,” “spider,” “data mining,” “computer code” or any other automated device, program, tool, algorithm, process or methodology or manual process having similar processes or functionality, to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of Whitehorsestar.com, any data or content found on or accessed through Whitehorsestar.com, or any other Whitehorsestar.com information without prior express written consent of Whitehorse Star;
3. Obtain or attempt to obtain through any means any materials or information on Whitehorsestar.com that has not been intentionally made publicly available either by public display on Whitehorsestar.com or through accessibility by a visible link on Whitehorsestar.com;
4. Violate any measure employed to limit or prevent access to Whitehorsestar.com or its content;
5. Violate the security of Whitehorsestar.com or attempt to gain unauthorized access to Whitehorsestar.com, data, materials, information, computer systems or networks connected to any server associated with Whitehorsestar.com, through hacking, password mining or any other means;
6. Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise represent an affiliation with a person or entity;
7. Interfere with, attempt to interfere with or otherwise disrupt the proper working of Whitehorsestar.com, any activities conducted on or through Whitehorsestar.com or any servers or networks connected to Whitehorsestar.com, including accessing any data, content or other information prior to the time that it is intended to be available to the public on Whitehorsestar.com;
8. Take or attempt any action that, in the sole discretion of Whitehorsestar.com, imposes or may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load or burden on Whitehorsestar.com or the infrastructure of Whitehorsestar.com.
9. Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Other Content;
10. Disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to Whitehorsestar.com;
11. Use Whitehorsestar.com to stalk or harass another.
The User’s Content
The User grants to Whitehorse Star Ltd. the non-exclusive right to use all material entered into Whitehorsestar.com by the User (other than third-party material transmitted through private electronic mail) in any of Whitehorse Star print or electronic publications.
Users entering material into Whitehorsestar.com are responsible for the content of that material. Whitehorse Star has no responsibility for Other Content, including the content of any messages or information posted by Users or others, or for the content of information accessible via direct or indirect hyperlinks from Whitehorsestar.com. However, Whitehorse Star retains the right, which it may or may not exercise in its sole discretion, to review, edit, or delete Other Content which Whitehorse Star deems to be illegal, offensive, in violation of these terms and conditions or otherwise inappropriate.
You may not input, distribute, upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Other Content through Whitehorsestar.com that:
1. Is promotional in nature, including solicitations for funds or business, without the prior written authorization of Whitehorse Star, or constitutes junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or the like;
2. Is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
3. You do not have the right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
4. Infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
5. Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware, or telecommunications equipment;
6. Is harmful to minors.
If you see any violations of these terms and conditions on Whitehorsestar.com, please contact us.
The User agrees to indemnify Whitehorse Star from all damages, liabilities, costs, charges and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, which Whitehorse Star, their affiliates, employees, and authorized representatives may incur as a result of either: (i) the User’s breach of this Agreement; or (ii) material entered into Whitehorsestar.com with the use of the User’s screen name or password. Whitehorse Star reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any such matter for which the User has agreed to indemnify Whitehorse Star in which event the User shall have no further obligation to indemnify with respect to that particular matter.
NO WARRANTIES/LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY
ALL THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN Whitehorsestar.com IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND. Whitehorsestar.com MAY CONTAIN ADVICE, OPINIONS AND STATEMENTS OF VARIOUS INFORMATION AND CONTENT PROVIDERS. HOWEVER, Whitehorsestar.com IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. RELIANCE ON SUCH INFORMATION IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. PRIOR TO THE EXECUTION OF A PURCHASE OR SALE OF ANY SECURITY OR INVESTMENT, YOU ARE ADVISED TO CONSULT WITH YOUR OWN FINANCIAL ADVISOR OR OTHER PROFESSIONALS.
WHITEHORSE STAR MAKES ANY GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE TIMELINESS, ADEQUACY, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF OR RESULTS TO BE OBTAINED FROM, ACCESSING AND USING Whitehorsestar.com, Whitehorsestar.com’S OWN CONTENT, THE OTHER CONTENT, NOR ANY MATERIAL THAT CAN BE ACCESSED (VIA A DIRECT OR INDIRECT HYPERLINK OR OTHERWISE) THROUGH Whitehorsestar.com. WHITEHORSE STAR NOR THEIR THIRD PARTY LICENSORS SHALL BE LIABLE TO THE User OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY INACCURACY, DELAY, INTERRUPTION IN SERVICE, ERROR OR OMISSION, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING THEREFROM. IN NO EVENT WILL WHITEHORSE STAR NOR ANY OF THEIR THIRD PARTY LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST TIME, LOST MONEY, LOST PROFITS OR GOOD WILL, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SUCH DAMAGES ARE FORESEEN OR UNFORESEEN WITH RESPECT TO ANY USE OF Whitehorsestar.com.
User AGREES THAT ALL DEMANDS OF WHATEVER KIND ASSESSED AGAINST WHITEHORSE STAR OR ANY OF ITS THIRD PARTY LICENSORS ARISING OUT OF RELATING TO USE OF Whitehorsestar.com SHALL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT THE User PAID TO WHITEHORSE STAR FOR USE OF Whitehorsestar.com DURING THE PREVIOUS TWELVE (12) MONTHS (OR IF YOU HAVE SUBSCRIBED FOR FEWER THAN TWELVE (12) MONTHS, DURING THE TIME SINCE THE User’S SUBSCRIPTION BEGAN).
As part of the subscription process, you must select a screen name and password and provide Whitehorse Star with accurate, complete and updated information. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of this Agreement, which may result in immediate termination of the User’s access.
Term and Termination
Whitehorse Star shall have the right to immediately terminate this Agreement in the event of any breach by a User of this Agreement. Whitehorse Star may discontinue or change Whitehorsestar.com, or its availability to you, at any time and for any reason.
Fees & Payments
You agree to pay all fees and charges (if any) incurred in connection with your User name and password, including applicable taxes and communications or access charges, at the rates in effect when the charges were incurred. The list of current fees is available on the Subscribe page.
Should you terminate your subscription, and provided you are not in breach of this Agreement, your monthly fee is refundable on a pro-rated basis to reflect the unused portion of the subscription. Whitehorse Star may change subscription rates in the normal course of business. In that case, you will be notified of the new rates (if any) prior to the end of your subscription term. All charges incurred in connection with your account will be billed to the credit card you designate during the registration process. We will keep your credit card number in our records only for this purpose taking care, of course, to maintain the confidentiality of the information.
If you believe your User name and password have been used to access Whitehorsestar.com without your authorization, please contact us. Please note: You are responsible for paying any charges billed to your credit card by an unauthorized third party.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties relating to Whitehorsestar.com and supersedes any and all other agreements, oral or in writing, with respect to Whitehorsestar.com. The failure of Whitehorse Star to insist upon strict compliance with any term of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver with regard to any subsequent failure to comply with such term or provision. This Agreement is personal to you, and you may not assign your rights or obligations to anyone. If any provision in this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect. This Agreement, your rights and obligations, and all actions contemplated by this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Canada and Yukon Territory, as if the Agreement was a contract wholly entered into and wholly performed within Yukon Territory.
- Vote split affected outcome, Conservatives agree (27)
- Yukoners to send another Liberal to Ottawa (21)
- RCMP, government apologize over handling of charges against former EA (17)
- Third dose is for immuno-compromised Yukoners (16)
- RCMP offer residents help to prevent thefts in Whitehorse (13)
- Break-in spurs help for store owner (9)
- More cases reported, alert issued (8)
- Candidates assess Yukoners’ verdict (7)