The Whitehorse Star is an independent newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986. As of March 4, 2019, the Whitehorse Star prints 3 days per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The Whitehorse Star is an afternoon paper and is available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price: Monday and Wednesday $1.00; Friday: $1.25
- Constant minimum wage boosts create risk: chamber (25)
- NDP pushes for permanent paid sick days for all illnesses (24)
- Rally goers protest no-cause evictions, end of rent caps (21)
- Realigned fines proposed for maintenance bylaw (18)
- A premier Pillai wouldn’t call a snap election (18)
- MLAs approve motion on statutory holiday (16)
- Dog mushing group disappointed with act’s handling (12)
- Quotas called outfitting industry’s ‘lifeblood’ (12)