The Whitehorse Star is an independent newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986. As of March 4, 2019, the Whitehorse Star prints 3 days per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The Whitehorse Star is an afternoon paper and is available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price: Monday and Wednesday $1.00; Friday: $1.25
- Curtis plans second run for territorial office (47)
- City pays mere lip service to comments: resident (19)
- YG attempting to work with vaccine supply uncertainties (17)
- Land lotteries lure a record 780 applicants (15)
- YG assists Haines disaster relief effort (10)
- Yukon University board welcomes seven new members (10)
- Encounter with Canada evaporates (8)
- Faro to receive new RCMP detachment (5)