The Whitehorse Star is an independent newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986. As of March 4, 2019, the Whitehorse Star prints 3 days per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The Whitehorse Star is an afternoon paper and is available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price: Monday and Wednesday $1.00; Friday: $1.25
- Dixon slams Liberals’ ‘grave abuse of power’ (48)
- Cases could have numbered in the thousands: data (21)
- Liberals report radio silence from parties (17)
- Cabott proposes support for business community (10)
- Watson Laker faces several charges (9)
- Dining out, personal services on cusp of returns (9)
- Co-runners congratulate Dixon as Hassard surrenders the helm (8)
- Patient queries hospital staff’s tendency not to wear masks (5)