The Whitehorse Star is an independent newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986. As of March 4, 2019, the Whitehorse Star prints 3 days per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The Whitehorse Star is an afternoon paper and is available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price: Monday and Wednesday $1.00; Friday: $1.25
- RCMP probe serious shooting (15)
- Pair charged following downtown shooting (12)
- Parties sharply divergent on sitting’s success (9)
- Ranch owner becomes a licensed butcher (9)
- ‘Considerable challenges’ confront hospital corp. (8)
- Student drop-off is dangerous, council told (5)
- Major power rate increase kicks in (5)
- Eagle Gold Mine progressing well (3)