The Whitehorse Star is an independent newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986. As of March 4, 2019, the Whitehorse Star prints 3 days per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The Whitehorse Star is an afternoon paper and is available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price: Monday and Wednesday $1.00; Friday: $1.25
- Take stand on Indigenous dispute, MP urged (48)
- Liberals called ‘cold, un-empathetic’ on dialysis (18)
- Supportive housing development gets council’s approval (10)
- Book on colourful characters to be released tomorrow (8)
- ‘There were so many adventures,’ Phillips says (2)
- Shortage of on-call teachers lamented (1)
- Leaders making final push to Whitehorse (1)