The Whitehorse Star is an independent newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986. As of March 4, 2019, the Whitehorse Star prints 3 days per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The Whitehorse Star is an afternoon paper and is available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price: Monday and Wednesday $1.00; Friday: $1.25
- ‘There is no excuse but to act with urgency’ (43)
- Projects will address violence against Indigenous women, girls (18)
- First Nations Birth Worker Program developed (12)
- Sister City connection to be feted (11)
- Aggressive dog investigation underway in Whitehorse (10)
- 40@-40 Society launches First Principles Project site (9)
- Way cleared for new housing development (9)
- Damaging social media post prompts an apology (8)