The Whitehorse Star is an independent newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986. As of March 4, 2019, the Whitehorse Star prints 3 days per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The Whitehorse Star is an afternoon paper and is available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price: Monday and Wednesday $1.00; Friday: $1.25
- Show leadership on climate change, council told (19)
- Audit called a wakeup call for Education officials (17)
- City council asked to outlaw plastic bags (17)
- Trolley tracks turning hazardous, minister is told (16)
- Union wants to discuss dismissal with mayor (11)
- Dawson’s budget tops $8 million (4)
- Two animal shelters may unite into one as discussions go on (4)
- The North knows: the carbon tax is a scam (1)