The Whitehorse Star is an independent newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986. As of March 4, 2019, the Whitehorse Star prints 3 days per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The Whitehorse Star is an afternoon paper and is available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price: Monday and Wednesday $1.00; Friday: $1.25
- Post-2015 achievements are plentiful: Bagnell (31)
- Frontrunners are in a tight race, data suggest (22)
- Privatization unleashes angry backlash (9)
- Smith stresses tax cuts, alternative energy, gun laws (8)
- Greens’ prospects are the best ever, candidate says (8)
- Lemphers: ‘I believe in a new deal for people’ (8)
- Zelezny sees ‘an opportunity for starting fresh’ (7)
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship warming up to a new name (5)