The Whitehorse Star is an independent newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986. As of March 4, 2019, the Whitehorse Star prints 3 days per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The Whitehorse Star is an afternoon paper and is available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price: Monday and Wednesday $1.00; Friday: $1.25
- Extended CASA contains host of new measures (55)
- ‘We’ve run nurses to the end of their workability’ (32)
- Pillai has acquiesced to NDP agenda: Dixon (29)
- YP being selective about gov’t size: Liberals (20)
- New 87-unit rental development opens in Whistle Bend (16)
- Board rejects Peel exploration proposal (15)
- City loses a popular mainstay of the community (12)
- Proposed fines address taxi security issues (9)