The Whitehorse Star is an independent newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986. As of March 4, 2019, the Whitehorse Star prints 3 days per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The Whitehorse Star is an afternoon paper and is available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price: Monday and Wednesday $1.00; Friday: $1.25
- Couple seeking refuge in Old Crow are told to leave (36)
- Declaration ‘not meant to alarm Yukoners’ (19)
- Suspend mining, WRFN says (13)
- Several scenarios possible for rest of school year (12)
- Fifth COVID-19 case turns up in Yukon (9)
- New COVID-19 laws won’t mean more patrols, arrests: RCMP (9)
- Agreement approved for Tlingit Street work (7)
- Sixth virus sufferer had travelled in Europe (6)