The Whitehorse Star is an independent newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986. As of March 4, 2019, the Whitehorse Star prints 3 days per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The Whitehorse Star is an afternoon paper and is available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price: Monday and Wednesday $1.00; Friday: $1.25
- COVID restrictions spark protest rally (31)
- Cases of COVID’s Brazilian variant reported in territory (30)
- Election sees Liberals held to a minority government (28)
- Election Undecided pending recount (27)
- White sees ‘conversations’ in her near future (23)
- Winner rejoices at creating history (20)
- Parties will work together, Silver vows (19)
- ‘It’s a very interesting decision by Yukoners’: Dixon (15)