The Whitehorse Star is an independent newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986. As of March 4, 2019, the Whitehorse Star prints 3 days per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The Whitehorse Star is an afternoon paper and is available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price: Monday and Wednesday $1.00; Friday: $1.25
- Officials unveil $23 M for road, city works (21)
- Embrace renewable energy, council urged (15)
- Pilot project will study ‘smart devices’ use (14)
- Help conserve energy, YEC asks Yukoners (11)
- Court spurns man’s appeal of dangerous driving sentence (4)
- Group home’s staff endangered youth: report (4)
- Yukoners flock to private cannabis store (4)
- Aggravated assault sentence toughened (2)