The Whitehorse Star is an independent newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986. As of March 4, 2019, the Whitehorse Star prints 3 days per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The Whitehorse Star is an afternoon paper and is available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price: Monday and Wednesday $1.00; Friday: $1.25
- Expect more COVID cases, Yukoners told (35)
- ‘I am concerned about this outbreak’: MD (31)
- COVID-19 claims third Yukoner’s life (24)
- Couple should apologize to Beaver Creek residents: premier (19)
- Case count rises; enforcement details released (16)
- Northwestel rolls out Internet plan (15)
- Couple fined for Beaver Creek vaccine caper (15)
- City hall reconstruction project progresses (10)