The Whitehorse Star is an independent newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986. As of March 4, 2019, the Whitehorse Star prints 3 days per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The Whitehorse Star is an afternoon paper and is available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price: Monday and Wednesday $1.00; Friday: $1.25
- Per-capita cannabis sales led the nation (29)
- Help ease the housing crunch, government urged (21)
- ‘This needs to stop’: vet (17)
- Students are fined $700 each for not isolating themselves (16)
- Northwestel seeks approval for unlimited Internet (11)
- City’s emissions have risen by 40 per cent (11)
- Many Rivers subject of RCMP forensic audit (11)
- Council opts to sacrifice raise (9)