The Whitehorse Star is an independent newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986. As of March 4, 2019, the Whitehorse Star prints 3 days per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The Whitehorse Star is an afternoon paper and is available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price: Monday and Wednesday $1.00; Friday: $1.25
- Lack of notification ‘very concerning to me’: Pillai (4)
- Property is ‘complete chaos’ (2)
- YG issues special spending warrant (2)
- Councillor wonders if federal lands available for housing (2)
- Premier, business delegation conclude Asia mission (2)
- Soft plastics no longer taken into recycling stream (2)
- Pillai’s trip to India raises issues, YP says (2)
- Housing, health care among MP’s priorities (2)