The Whitehorse Star is an independent newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986. As of March 4, 2019, the Whitehorse Star prints 3 days per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The Whitehorse Star is an afternoon paper and is available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price: Monday and Wednesday $1.00; Friday: $1.25
- It’s 90 more days for the state of emergency (44)
- Disagreement on time issue keeps on ticking (39)
- Budget features record capital spending (16)
- Territory striking out on seniors’ vaccines: report (15)
- Independent living complex receives major funding boost (14)
- Movie crew begins production (14)
- Councillor announces mayoral bid, Patti Balsillie also candidate (14)
- RCMP unperturbed by 2019 crime statistics (11)