The Whitehorse Star is an independent newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986. As of March 4, 2019, the Whitehorse Star prints 3 days per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The Whitehorse Star is an afternoon paper and is available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price: Monday and Wednesday $1.00; Friday: $1.25
- YG addressing shelter problems: minister (42)
- MP, challenger assess latest SNC-Lavalin twist (31)
- ‘This is the lowest point I’ve ever seen the shelter’ (12)
- Activities heat up at Brewery Creek minesite (6)
- Jury dismissed after judge declares a mistrial (5)
- ‘This beautiful garden is planted in unity’ (3)
- Curriculum changes loom on eve of school year (3)
- Man is entitled to review in territory: court (2)