The Whitehorse Star is an independent newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986. As of March 4, 2019, the Whitehorse Star prints 3 days per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The Whitehorse Star is an afternoon paper and is available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price: Monday and Wednesday $1.00; Friday: $1.25
- Tread carefully on housing incentive: Boyd (19)
- City asked for clarity on use of e-bikes (17)
- Suspects sought after armed robberies (14)
- Historic land claim’s key creators reunite (11)
- Funding unveiled for mining investment event (11)
- Woman was reluctant to see a nurse, inquest told (8)
- Ice bridge enters wider, thicker phase (7)
- Nurses testify at inquest into woman’s death (Revised) (6)