The Whitehorse Star is an independent newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986. As of March 4, 2019, the Whitehorse Star prints 3 days per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The Whitehorse Star is an afternoon paper and is available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price: Monday and Wednesday $1.00; Friday: $1.25
- RCMP presence showed ‘deep disrespect’: group (40)
- NDP leader, minister trade jabs over construction sites (14)
- CanNor plans to invest almost $5 million in northern projects (8)
- Older students to be asked to wear masks (6)
- Watson Lake town council OKs ex-mayor’s resignation (5)
- Computers for Schools coping with frenzied demand (5)
- Council approves procurement policy (5)
- Results of schools survey chart several realities (4)