The Whitehorse Star is an independent newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986. As of March 4, 2019, the Whitehorse Star prints 3 days per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The Whitehorse Star is an afternoon paper and is available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price: Monday and Wednesday $1.00; Friday: $1.25
- Vote split affected outcome, Conservatives agree (27)
- Yukoners to send another Liberal to Ottawa (21)
- RCMP, government apologize over handling of charges against former EA (17)
- Third dose is for immuno-compromised Yukoners (16)
- RCMP offer residents help to prevent thefts in Whitehorse (13)
- Break-in spurs help for store owner (9)
- More cases reported, alert issued (8)
- Candidates assess Yukoners’ verdict (7)