The Whitehorse Star is an Independent Daily Newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986.
The Whitehorse Star is currently published 5 days a week as an afternoon paper. It is generally available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price is currently $1.00 Monday - Friday.
- Impaired drivers to pay higher fines (19)
- Contract for $29M awarded for francophone high school (17)
- Bagnell aims for another term in Ottawa (15)
- Spanish citizen sentenced for child porn offence (10)
- Council’s decision disappoints local flight company (8)
- Woman’s assailant jailed 27 months (5)
- Fat bikers hit the trails at Wolf Creek (4)
- Pat Duncan ascends from political obscurity (1)