Reconciliation was born in the North (Comment)
- Tread carefully on housing incentive: Boyd (19)
- City asked for clarity on use of e-bikes (17)
- Suspects sought after armed robberies (14)
- Historic land claim’s key creators reunite (11)
- Funding unveiled for mining investment event (11)
- Woman was reluctant to see a nurse, inquest told (8)
- Ice bridge enters wider, thicker phase (7)
- Nurses testify at inquest into woman’s death (Revised) (6)
Subscribers only access
January 24, 2020
- Pedalling toward an effective e-bike policy (Comment) Ed. note: Whitehorse resident Keith Lay and the Active Trails Whitehorse Association made this presentation Monday evening to city council. A story was published in Wednesday’s Star.
- A brief lesson in claims history This is intended as a short laying-of-the-landscape for a commentary published on the opposite page.
January 22, 2020
- Are we looking at Vladimir Putin the immortal? (Comment) Five years ago, somebody posted photographs on the Internet showing a man who looked a lot like Vladimir Putin in photographs from 1920 and 1941.
January 17, 2020
- A new decade, a new crossroads for the Yukon Party (Editorial) Two surprisingly lengthy time frames emerge when one turns his or her thoughts to the current status of the Yukon Party.
- Can we prevent a global climate catastrophe? (Comment) The pace of technological and social change, along with the changes we have affected in the natural world in the past century or so, have been dizzying.
January 10, 2020
- Seeing the light on the question of time (Editorial) One of the North’s traits most enjoyed by residents and tourists alike is the luxurious length of the spring and summer evenings.
- Minister Mostyn needs a road map to the facts Ed. note: the official Opposition Yukon Party released this statement Wednesday.
January 8, 2020
- Starting the decade with the Soleimani killing (Comment) If the Iranians played the game the same way that Donald Trump does, then their revenge for the American assassination of Iran’s leading general, Qassem Soleimani, would be a simple tit-for-tat.
January 3, 2020
- The grand adventure of the bathtub ring (Comment) It was just before 7:00 in the evening. We walked up Shala Road toward the Mine school.