Following last Sunday’s death of Alex Trebek, the bilingual Canadian who hosted the Jeopardy! quiz show for 36 years, CBC TV interviewed the winning contestant from the episode telecast Nov. 5; it had been taped several weeks earlier.
In my 48 years at the Whitehorse Star, I have seen six editors and countless reporters, advertising staff members, production personnel and paper boys and girls pass through our doors.
- Major improvements set for Mt. Sima (23)
- Masks take effect, but potential enforcement downplayed (21)
- Appointment creates all-female Supreme Court (19)
- Exposure alerts out as COVID cases climb to 46 (16)
- YEU sees ‘recipe for potential tragedy’ at shelter (11)
- ‘Not my finest or my best hour,’ Curtis says (9)
- Yukon government unveils more help for tourism industry (8)
- Senator raises air controllers’ status with officials (4)
Subscribers only access
November 27, 2020
- Nothing could mask this policy’s inevitability (Editorial) “If these folks had been in charge of safe sex instead of the safe six, we’d be looking at a baby boom next spring.”
November 23, 2020
- The journey to net zero emissions by 2050 (Comment) As the Government of Canada continues to protect and support Canadians through the COVID-19 pandemic, we must also look to rebuilding the economy and the opportunity of a better future.
November 20, 2020
- Might a miracle follow our long, dark winter? (Comment) All the usual caveats apply: don’t go out and celebrate, don’t let your guard down, it’s still going to be a long haul.
- Is the B.C. NDP on the verge of something big? Now that the dust has settled and the tumult subsided on the B.C. election scene, a few lessons have been set in stone about the blood sport known as B.C. politics.
November 9, 2020
- COVID-19 is impacting how we remember them (Comment) It has been 102 years since the end of the Great War.
November 6, 2020
- Mining is favoured at the expense of the environment (Comment) Ed. note: the first part of this two-part commentary was published last Friday.
- Trump’s support reflects poorly upon America (Comment) By the time you read this, you may know more than I do as I write it, but some conclusions about the U.S. election are already certain.