Notable words of 2018 chosen by U.S. dictionaries
- The cheque’s in the mail: YG unveils rebates plan (33)
- Concerns expressed over proposed child care centre (19)
- Dawson needs a new wastewater solution (15)
- Retailer eyes 420 opening date (12)
- Teslin Tlingit Council wins a pivotal lawsuit (12)
- Transport truck clips school bus (10)
- Parties critical of rebate framework (9)
- Cannabis sellers will have two model options (8)
Subscribers only access
January 21, 2019
- The plant: time’s a-wasting once again ( Uffish Thoughts ) One of the favourite features (or so we are told) in the Klondike Sun is the page where we reprint the front page or some other worthy page, from 20 years ago.
January 18, 2019
- Peering through the haze to a brand-new reality ( Editorial ) Is there gold in grass?
January 17, 2019
- Trump and Erdogan: two bringers of chaos ( Comment ) “Where America retreats, chaos follows,” said U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in Cairo last week.
January 15, 2019
- Recent television shows are making the future look dismal ( Uffish Thoughts ) Apparently the future isn’t what it used to be, at least it’s not seen that way.
January 11, 2019
- What’s taken for granted – until it vanishes? ( Editorial ) What occasionally rivals the weather as the topic of choice for coffee shop and social media chatter?
- Forget the human rights. Show us the money ( Comment ) On Aug. 23, 2018, the Canadian Parliament revoked the honourary citizenship of Myanmar’s prime minster, Aung San Suu Kyi.
January 10, 2019
- Brexit Chicken: Theresa May is no suicide bomber ( Comment ) There’s no need to practice bleeding, as the soldiers say, but the British government didn’t get the message.