Once more into the breech in Dawson City (Uffish Thoughts)
- Series of ambitious greenhouse gas controls unveiled (23)
- Proposed hunting regulation changes unveiled (22)
- Supporters gather at café facing eviction (17)
- City council approves Centennial Street complex (12)
- Last call sounds for beloved cocktail inventor (6)
- Find a Family Doctor online program launched (5)
- The Yukon River freezes at Dawson City (3)
- Yukoner will be inducted into Canadian Mining Hall of Fame (2)
Subscribers only access
November 15, 2019
- Memo to boomers: it’s not OK, in fact (Comment) The week of remembrance gives us pause to recall The Greatest Generation.
- A violent nation, skidding toward failure, irrelevance “In God we trust.”
November 8, 2019
- The waters of history point the way to the future (Editoral) Would most Yukoners support a beloved landmark honouring someone whose actions assisted in the historic genocide of American Indigenous tribes in the Great Plains?
- A European Germany, not a German Europe (Comment) The fall of the Berlin Wall, 30 years ago on Saturday, was one of the best parties I ever went to, and certainly the longest.
November 1, 2019
- The quest to define the Speaker’s boundaries (Editorial) It was a time, place and roasting where no Speaker of a legislative chamber would want to tread.
- We shall remember; we must never forget The epics of the 20th century will have the history of the great wars.
- Around and around, aiming for characterhood I had a friend in Dawson City who passed away a couple of years ago.
October 25, 2019
- Like the nation itself, a territory stands divided (Editorial) He earned almost 11,000 votes four years ago;
- We the people will be the losers for this (Comment) The latest cost saving measure of moving in-house printing to the private sector (Star, Oct. 21, 25) may sound like an innocent and positive financial measure.
- I humbly invite you to do some critical thinking (Musings) Whenever I write one of my columns,
October 18, 2019
- The Brexit debacle has provided large lessons ( Comment) Imagine that the conditions attached by the United States to Canada’s inclusion in the NAFTA trade bloc were:
October 11, 2019
- Climate criminals: justice follows the money! (Comment) Jailing climate criminals will not be enough; the extinction rebellion will have to commandeer their bankster loot. Vote against the fossil-dinosaur establishment!