From insulin to nappies, to nadders and newts1
- Declaration embodies the Indigenous view (29)
- Avenue realignment, lower speed limit studied (27)
- Conservative critic pays fact-finding visit (7)
- Cathers would improve wildlife management if elected premier (7)
- Things will literally perk at glass-blowing studio (6)
- Yukon’s minimum wage to rise (5)
- Work at protecting the true facts, archivist urges (4)
- Ex-minister remembered as loyal, hard-working (4)
Subscribers only access
February 21, 2020
- Mourning a minister and master of many vocations (editorial) Maurice Byblow, the late NDP cabinet minister, was unwittingly pushed into the driver’s seat of one of the most populist-flavoured controversies the territory has witnessed in the last generation.
- Tricky Mickey, a valuable lesson learned Just after World War Two, my father was still away in the Royal Canadian Airforce.
February 14, 2020
- Sadly, intimidation isn’t yet a spent force (editorial) The denigrating, bullying fraternity lives on, alive and well in the Yukon.
February 10, 2020
- Don’t forget: Sanders’ U.K. equivalent wiped out (Comment) The statistical study of elections and trends in voting – is the darkest of the dark arts, and you can lose your soul if you delve into it too deeply.
February 7, 2020
- Burying the report would be betraying Blackjack (Editorial) The inquest jury examining the death of Cynthia Blackjack was not formally instructed to focus exclusively on whether stereotyping and racial tensions should share the blame for events, and its recommendations rightfully reflect that.
February 3, 2020
- The saga of Lady Diana and the message it carries Dark clouds were hanging low over Kootenay Lake, B.C. as we pulled into the Balfour ferry terminal.
January 31, 2020
- The Yukon ... home to the reckless and the revered (Editorial) A Yukoner who spends his winters in western Canada asked the Star this week whether Whitehorse is adopting some of the alarming, seamier characteristics of Toronto or Edmonton.
- From La-La Land to Lotus Land (Comment) So they have had the chat with the Boss of The Firm,
- Those who downed Flight 752 must be accountable (Musings) It has not been a good start to 2020 for many on this globe of ours.