The Department of Education and the Yukon RCMP both issued abject apologies to the public this morning during a briefing on the disturbing situation at Hidden Valley Elementary School.
Kluane Adamek, the Assembly of First Nations’ Yukon regional chief, has extended her congratulations to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Yukon MP-designate Brendan Hanley for their election victories on Monday.
(Rewrite) - The candidates from the NDP and Green Party didn’t have much to say about the results of Monday’s federal election.
- Hanley: time to transfer skills to public service (29)
- Vote split affected outcome, Conservatives agree (27)
- Yukoners to send another Liberal to Ottawa (20)
- Third dose is for immuno-compromised Yukoners (15)
- Dunlop relishes the challenge; vows to listen (14)
- RCMP offer residents help to prevent thefts in Whitehorse (13)
- The choice is clear, Green candidate believes (12)
- More cases reported, alert issued (8)
Subscribers only access
September 23, 2021
- Thirteen new COVID-19 cases reported Dr. Catherine Elliott, the acting chief medical officer of health, reports 13 new cases of COVID-19 from noon Monday to noon Wednesday.
- Residents concerned about rough road surfaces Mary Lake residents are expressing concern about the recent road improvements in the subdivision, says Coun. Laura Cabott.
September 22, 2021
- Break-in spurs help for store owner For the second time in three weeks, a female-owned business has been targeted in a downtown break-in.
- Fireweed Community Market finale The Fireweed Community Market will wrap up Thursday.
September 21, 2021
- Vote split affected outcome, Conservatives agree Independent candidate Jonas Smith’s ballot presence resulted in a split Yukon vote in Monday’s election,
- Yukoners to send another Liberal to Ottawa Yukon MP designate Brendan Hanley never looked back Monday night as he comfortably secured the Liberal seat for Yukon in the House of Commons.
- Other candidates offer thoughts on Yukoners’ verdict The territory’s candidates from the NDP and Green Party didn’t have much to say about the results of Monday’s federal election.
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at Watson Lake school A COVID-19 outbreak in the Grade 4 class at Johnson Elementary School in Watson Lake was declared Monday by Dr. Catherine Elliott, the territory’s acting chief medical officer of health.