The six-month work plan proposed by the city’s new housing and land development advisory committee was accepted by city council at its meeting Monday.
Every Student, Every Day, an initiative of the Victoria Gold Yukon Student Encouragement Society, has committed $350,000 in funding for student attendance improvement projects in the 2023-24 school year.
A renewed agreement between the Liberal government and the NDP sets initiatives to ban no-cause evictions, provide free transit for Whitehorse residents and build what would be the territory’s only walk-in health clinic.
The new Confidence and Supply Agreement (CASA) between the Liberals and NDP has the leader of the Yukon Party convinced the government is more interested in holding onto power than setting its own agenda.
- Extended CASA contains host of new measures (55)
- ‘We’ve run nurses to the end of their workability’ (32)
- Pillai has acquiesced to NDP agenda: Dixon (29)
- YP being selective about gov’t size: Liberals (20)
- New 87-unit rental development opens in Whistle Bend (16)
- Board rejects Peel exploration proposal (15)
- City loses a popular mainstay of the community (12)
- Proposed fines address taxi security issues (9)
Subscribers only access
February 2, 2023
- Council OKs money for building upgrades City council has approved amendments to its capital budget required for renovations and upgrades to city hall and two other city-owned buildings.
February 1, 2023
- Second ice bridge open for traffic Dawson’s second ice bridge, the one rated to carry 40,000 kg, opened for traffic last Friday week, according to Jim Regimbal, the northern area superintendent for the Department of Highways and Public Works.
- Available Light Film Festival returns The Yukon Film Society’s 21st annuala Available Light Film Festival (ALFF) will take to the screens Feb. 9-19.
January 31, 2023
- Board rejects Peel exploration proposal An advanced mineral exploration proposal in the Peel River watershed has been rejected by the Yukon Environmental and Socio-economic Assessment Board.
- New 87-unit rental development opens in Whistle Bend Boreal Commons, a new 87-unit rental development in Whistle Bend, has been completed, it was announced Monday.
- Extended CASA contains host of new measures A renewed agreement between the governing Liberals and the territory’s NDP provides for the elimination of no-cause evictions and eventual free transit service in Whitehorse.
- Black History Month proclaimed Mayor Laura Cabott proclaimed February as Black History Month in Whitehorse at Monday night’s city council meeting.
- Population continues to expand An estimated 44,160 people called the Yukon home last Sept. 30, the Yukon Bureau of Statistics reported Monday.