City council has approved the demolition of the oldest section of city hall as a change to its Building Consolidation project.
City manager Linda Rapp describes the historic Mayday tree outside city hall as the most beautiful tree in the city.
Dr. Brendan Hanley, the chief medical officer of health, announced two more COVID-19 cases Wednesday in Whitehorse.
There was an ebb and flow of citizens outside Sandy Silver’s campaign headquarters on Second Avenue on election night.
- COVID restrictions spark protest rally (31)
- Cases of COVID’s Brazilian variant reported in territory (30)
- Election sees Liberals held to a minority government (28)
- Election Undecided pending recount (27)
- White sees ‘conversations’ in her near future (23)
- Winner rejoices at creating history (20)
- Parties will work together, Silver vows (19)
- ‘It’s a very interesting decision by Yukoners’: Dixon (15)
Subscribers only access
April 16, 2021
- Vote results differed from pre-election poll A last-minute election poll carried out by DataPath Systems seemed somewhat inaccurate in predicting the results of Monday’s territorial election, though that’s being disputed by company owner Donna Larsen.
- Out-of-territory men charged after arrests A Vancouver man and two Alberta men face a string of charges after members of the Yukon RCMP Crime Reduction Unit arrested them last Friday.
- Joint anti-racism resolution planned by city, Dawson Whitehorse and Dawson City will submit a joint anti-racism resolution for consideration at next month’s annual general meeting of the Association of Yukon communities (AYC).
- Makeshift Operations The Super A Riverdale convenience store is seen here Thursday.
- Prepare for big melt, city urges With the weather finally warming, the City of Whitehorse is reminding residents to take steps to ensure their properties are protected from snowmelt flooding.
- Swans swooping in at near-record numbers One of the Yukon’s most compelling – and popular–- rites of spring is well underway.
- All-City Band virtual performance Photo Spread
- Mining strategy highlights seven guiding principles The three-member panel enpowered to recommend how to modernize the territory’s exploration and mining industry released its final report Thursday morning.
- Sig Hanson Carpenter-Photographer
- Danny Macdonald’s team takes home the biggest prize in Soccer After 28 hard fought matches, Danny Macdonald’s orange team lifted the Yukon Brewing Co-Ed invitational tournament trophy in a fabulous weekend of soccer.
April 15, 2021
- Joint anti-racism resolution planned Whitehorse and Dawson City will submit a joint anti-racism resolution for consideration at next month’s annual general meeting of the Association of Yukon communities (AYC).
- Pinkies up – it’s tea time! Whitehorse seniors are invited to sign up for the City’s free Takeout Tea Party for Two, which is filling up quickly, before April 29.
- First-past-the-post fails Yukon voters: group The Yukon’s election has delivered “a stark lesson in the failings of first-past-the-post system ― and a golden opportunity for action on electoral reform in a minority legislature,” Fair Vote Canada said Tuesday from Kitchener, Ont.
- Festival Set To Go The Air North First Light Image Festival will happen this weekend.
- NDP saying little about future course **Revised -**The Yukon NDP and leader Kate White remain on full lockdown as to whether they’re planning on playing kingmaker in the next legislature.
April 14, 2021
- Winner rejoices at creating history Clarke – a first-time Yukon Party candidate – won Porter Creek Centre on Monday
- Potential exposure notifications updated Dr. Brendan Hanley, the Yukon’s chief medical officer of health,
- Council crowns Dairy Queen restaurant debate City council overturned an administrative recommendation Tuesday and approved a drive-thru component for a proposed eating and drinking establishment at 107 Range Rd.
- Downtown Mishap A trailer overturned
- City to donate compost to coalition City council has approved a $500 donation of compost to the Yukon Anti-Poverty Coalition for a pilot project.