Supplements published on Wednesday March 22, 2023
Stories published on Wednesday March 22, 2023
- WOHL Update: Blower blows away the competition to power Tims over Firth Mike Blower blew away the competition as he was in on all six of Tim Hortons’ goals in the team’s 6-4 win over Firth in Whitehorse Oldtimers hockey action Sunday at Takhini Arena.
- Native Hockey Tournament returns with record numbers The Yukon Native Hockey Tournament (YNHT) is returning from a three-year hiatus in record numbers.
- Analyzing the ICC arrest warrant on Putin Although the arrest warrant issued on Russian President Vladimir Putin by the International Criminal Court last week was welcome, there was a certain puzzlement about the actual crime he is being charged with.
- Thaw di-Gras was truly thawed this year Anyone could have been forgiven for thinking last weekend’s Thaw di Gras was an actual spring carnival, rather than a late-winter endurance test.
- New chief and council for the Kwanlin Dün First Nation Photo Spread
- City may join wastewater testing initiative The City of Whitehorse could begin testing wastewater sewage for the presence of COVID-19, in partnership with the Council of Yukon First Nations (CYFN).
- Bypass to be done by next year: minister The completion of the Carmacks bypass is estimated for early 2024, Highways and Public Works Minister Nils Clarke told the legisla-ture recently.
- CGC’s elevator remains out of service The Canada Games Centre elevator that provides access to the third floor and walking track remains out of service, the city said Tuesday.
- YP wants political donations ‘loophole’ eliminated The Yukon Party is calling for the Liberal government to close what it calls a political donation fundraising loophole.
- It’s been a ‘ruff’ year at the animal shelter The Mae Bachur Animal Shelter is in desperate need of donor resources and remodelling after yet another cycle of critical failure.