- Show leadership on climate change, council told (19)
- Audit called a wakeup call for Education officials (17)
- City council asked to outlaw plastic bags (17)
- Trolley tracks turning hazardous, minister is told (16)
- Union wants to discuss dismissal with mayor (11)
- Dawson’s budget tops $8 million (4)
- Two animal shelters may unite into one as discussions go on (4)
- The North knows: the carbon tax is a scam (1)
Supplements published on Monday June 24, 2019
Stories published on Monday June 24, 2019
- Dylan Cozens drafted seventh by Buffalo NHL commissioner Gary Bettman stepped onto the stage to a chorus of boos, his usual welcome, that reverberated throughout the Rogers Centre Arena.
- Mohamed Morsi: a story of a death foretold (Comment) Egypt’s first and last democratically elected president, Mohamed Morsi, died last Monday, lying on the floor of the courtroom where they were trying him on yet more charges.
- National Indigenous Peoples Day celebrated .
- Restored totem pole unveiled In recognition of National Indigenous Peoples Day, the Government of Yukon hosted a ceremony to unveil the restored BC Centennial Totem Pole.
- Man asking court for $3,500 in social assistance A Whitehorse man is appealing to the Yukon Supreme Court to order the payment of $3,500 in social assistance.
- Lottery Commission awards Mount Sima $520,240 The Yukon Lottery Commission has funded its first Large Project under its Projects Fund.
- Education system failing Indigenous students, says Chief The Chiefs Committee on Education is not impressed with the state of the Yukon’s education system regarding First Nations youth.