Hunting season opened Aug. 1 in the Yukon.
- Council opts to pump $11 million into Games (38)
- NDP proposes trio of affordability measures (31)
- Power, firewood rebates unveiled (31)
- Climate Leadership Council’s report lauded (27)
- New poll has Liberals in third place (26)
- Firewood issues are kindling for a problematic winter: YP (20)
- ‘Our thoughts are with the officer and his family’ (16)
- Major Housing Summit to begin tomorrow (11)
Subscribers only access
September 30, 2022
- We all have a role to play in reconciliation Ed. note: Premier Sandy Silver has released this statement for National Day for Truth and Reconciliation.
- Return this hard-earned money! Ed. note: this is an open letter to Jay Massie, vice-president, Northern Development and Indigenous Relations, ATCO Electric Yukon, and company officials.
- Assess all people the proper way Over time, my hair has gone, a loss but a trivial one – unlike the loss of hair and lives in Iran.
September 28, 2022
- Don’t give up on controlling climate change! We are all worried about the dramatic climate changes – for us and our children.
September 23, 2022
- Are elk valued more than a local food supply? If government can’t treat farmers fairly and equally, then government should re-zone the Takhini Valley to something other than agriculture.
- Liberals’ answer to the crisis is a leadership convention Earlier this week, Statistics Canada released the latest national inflation numbers. They showed that inflation continues to persist at levels more than double the Bank of Canada’s target.
- Devastation worsens, yet nothing happens An article titled “Are Canadians drinking too much alcohol?”
- What occurred at this event is utterly abhorrent, minister Ed. note: this letter was sent to Education Minister Jeanie McLean. The name of the writer, who said he received no reply, is being withheld from publication to protect the privacy of a minor.
September 21, 2022
- Fauci has been an inspiration! Dr. Anthony Fauci is stepping down as the U.S. President’s chief medical advisor in December.
September 19, 2022
- We must talk like responsible adults Constitutional rights were hammered out by thoughtful statespersons with the adult population in mind – freedom to bear arms, voting rights, freedom of speech, etc.