Let’s keep the waterfront trolley on the track
- YG eyes limiting dump shopping (18)
- Stiffer bylaw advocated to cope with bears (16)
- Man not guilty of refusing to provide a breath sample (8)
- ‘We can’t be throwing blame here and there’ (7)
- Boys, girls teams represent Yukon at Nationals (2)
- Cowley Creek lots draw 100 applications (2)
- Valleyview Community Greenhouse Has Water (2)
- We’re being smothered in taxes! (2)
Subscribers only access
May 17, 2019
- Remember the long-gone glory days? Now that somebody’s darling has completed the multimillion-dollar abomination that is the addition to MacBride Museum,
- I expressed a real opinion to the marchers Earlier this month, I saw a group of marchers with signs about mental health.
- When do you move to drop our electrical rates? Ed. note: this is an open letter to Andrew Hall, the president of the Yukon Energy Corp.
- Making an appeal for less adversarial government I take my garbage to Marsh Lake.
- We have a real chance to be innovative This is in response to Chuck Tobin’s “Fiscal derailment shunts trolley to sidelines” article published in the Whitehorse Star on May 1.
- Mining for clean energy: an understated reality Climate change.
- We’re being smothered in taxes! So we have carbon taxes paid in Alberta and British Columbia and anything coming through these provinces to the Yukon from the United States.
May 15, 2019
- More power to Tangerine Kudos to Tangerine Technology for committing to move to an-all electric vehicle fleet (Star, May 10).
May 10, 2019
- It’s election year; can the politicians buy your vote? It is very apparent that we are in an election year.
- Count me out of the invasion of the bleepers Last week, I shopped at one of the newer big box grocery stores.
- ‘Unfortunately, I’m not able to attend your session’ There’s another opportunity for Yukoners to provide their views to the government of what “well-being” means to them.
- Legal precedents set by apologizing to First Nation groups for historical misdemeanors I heard that a sovereign Algonquin First Nation has laid claim to southern Ontario.
May 8, 2019
- Our democracy belongs to us, not the Liberals Re: Electoral Reform Commission.
- So many cherished our local trolley! Chamber of Commerce!
- Calamities showed that the system worked I have been doing some intensive research regarding the horrific incidents with Boeing’s 737 MAX aircraft.
May 6, 2019
- The Yukon just blew an historic opportunity The Yukon just blew an historic opportunity
- Thanks to those who showed interest in the issue I spent my Saturday afternoon with some really interesting people who care about Whitehorse and its future in the next 20 years.
- How do you rationalize these questions? Mr. Will Drischler of Whitehorse: I read your letter in the April 26 Star (“Carbon taxers’ plot is under fire from Tory leaders”).