This measure may not bring the desired result
- Series of ambitious greenhouse gas controls unveiled (23)
- Supporters gather at café facing eviction (17)
- City council approves Centennial Street complex (12)
- Last call sounds for beloved cocktail inventor (6)
- Find a Family Doctor online program launched (5)
- The Yukon River freezes at Dawson City (3)
- Yukoner will be inducted into Canadian Mining Hall of Fame (2)
- A foreign company helped bring in Vivian Krause (1)
Subscribers only access
November 15, 2019
- Before your ‘one for the road’, consider this In the early 1970s, my brother was killed shortly before Christmas by a drunken driver. His wife had died of cancer two years previously.
- A foreign company helped bring in Vivian Krause Over the past two decades, the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society (CPAWS) Yukon has worked to conserve the Yukon’s wild spaces, including the Peel Watershed.
- The Yukon Liberals must get this feud right The Yukon Energy Corp. (YEC) is taking the Yukon Utilities Board (YUB) to court to settle a dispute.
- Now hear this, bruins! I wrote the Yukon fish and wildlife people a few months ago
November 13, 2019
- This was a job very well done! A huge improvement to our Alaska Highway has come to pass through a single contract season.
- Electoral system could be more inclusive This open letter is to you, Premier Sandy Silver,
November 12, 2019
- Liberals have broken their promise Ed. note: the official Opposition Yukon Party has submitted this statement.
- Two special words meant the world to me My daughter and I had just zipped into McDonald’s, as I had a free coupon for some fries I wanted to get for her as a treat.
November 8, 2019
- Discriminatory acts are occurring daily Ed. note: this is a letter to Education Minister Tracy-Anne McPhee.
- Where do you stand on a handguns ban? Ed. note: this is a letter to Premier Sandy Silver, Mayor Dan Curtis and city council.
November 4, 2019
- Government is running biased advertisements for the survey Ed. note: the official Opposition Yukon Party submitted this commentary last Wednesday.
- Let’s work to consign polio to history October 24 was World Polio Day.
- Hey, Yukon Party: your ignorance is showing! When I was a little boy, my mother explained to me the notion of slander.
November 1, 2019
- A solution awaits this perceived safety issue Whitehorse’s Parks and Community Development Department claims that snowmobilers will be put at risk by possible contact with city snow dump trucks in the winter,
- Andrew Scheer had it totally wrong I was shocked to read about Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer’s plan to gut Canada’s foreign aid contribution,
- Carbon taxers were humiliated in federal vote Angry Canadians were afforded the opportunity to strike back at carbon tax madness on federal election day 2019 – and strike back they did.
- War crimes against the Kurdish? Oh, really? Well now, who could have seen that coming?