Let’s go for it, fellow Yukoners!
- Major improvements set for Mt. Sima (24)
- Masks take effect, but potential enforcement downplayed (23)
- Appointment creates all-female Supreme Court (22)
- Exposure alerts out as COVID cases climb to 46 (16)
- YEU sees ‘recipe for potential tragedy’ at shelter (13)
- Number of COVID cases reaches 50 (12)
- ‘Not my finest or my best hour,’ Curtis says (11)
- Yukon government unveils more help for tourism industry (8)
Subscribers only access
December 2, 2020
- Vaccine should be free for everyone over 65 If you’ve had chicken pox, you are at risk of developing shingles.
- When will these buses start rolling? Just one week before the first day of school in August, Education Minister Tracy-Anne McPhee and Premier Sandy Silver cancelled my kids’ bus service.
- Does the Yukon Party value profits over lives? Three cheers for Liberal MLA Don Hutton’s remarks as reported in last Friday’s Star (“Liberal MLA compares alcohol sales to drugs-dealing”).
- Wearing a face mask is life’s least discomfort Hope and prayers will not make COVID-19 go away
November 30, 2020
- Don’t let loopholes undermine our caution Ed. note: this is a letter to Dr. Brendan Hanley, the Yukon’s chief medical officer of health, and Premier Sandy Silver.
November 27, 2020
- Are you fed up with this intrusive nonsense? As I watch the news these days, I can’t believe the panic being caused by a disease that has a mortality rate of less than one per cent.
- How many COVID cases do we really have? While Yukoners are discussing the unexpected COVID outbreak in Nunavut and what Nunavut “should have done,” Dr. Brendan Hanley announced that “we are in the eye of some huge global COVID cyclone.”
- I’ll stick to the bear protectionists’ take Hunting season has wrapped up for this year,
- Seize a pen in the pen? When Donald Trump finally goes to prison,
- A lament for a nation’s totally wrong direction I think we have sold Canada for three magic beans.
- Pedal harp help would be music to our ears Picture the Yukon Arts Centre, post-COVID-19.
- Masks obligatory in all city facilities Ed. note: The City of Whitehorse released this statement Thursday afternoon.
- Asking for honesty is like asking for the moon In a Torstar Syndication Services column published Wednesday, Heather Scoffield seeks solutions to achieve better co-operation of Canadians in the ever-changing rules of conduct to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
November 25, 2020
- Stop the needless destruction of our freedoms! Ed. note: this is an open letter to Dr. Brendan Hanley, the territory’s chief medical health officer, and members of the Yukon Legislative Assembly.
- Do not reduce the downtown speed limit! Safety for all is necessary.
- Please avoid escalating this alcohol tax Ed. note: this is a letter to federal Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland.
November 20, 2020
- Let us all hear from the hospital Subject: cleanliness standards at Whitehorse General Hospital.
- Hospital conditions have horrified me Myron Penner’s “cri de coeur” (Star letters, Nov. 13) resonated with me.
November 16, 2020
- Big-dollar contributions flow to Yukon parties Lobbyist dollars go a long way in the financing of major political parties, and the Yukon’s political parties are no exception.