Gillian Campbell has earned her niche in history
- Declaration embodies the Indigenous view (29)
- Avenue realignment, lower speed limit studied (27)
- Conservative critic pays fact-finding visit (7)
- Cathers would improve wildlife management if elected premier (7)
- Things will literally perk at glass-blowing studio (6)
- Yukon’s minimum wage to rise (5)
- Work at protecting the true facts, archivist urges (4)
- Ex-minister remembered as loyal, hard-working (4)
Subscribers only access
February 21, 2020
- Justin Trudeau should live up to his promises If “silence is complicity” and “the price of freedom is eternal vigilance,” here’s some yelling around!
- I say: to heck with the Teck! The situation with our world climate crisis can’t afford another big polluter, like the Teck mine.
- Welcome to a life of second-class citizens I think we have sold Canada for three magic beans.
- MP Bagnell replies to the question of crime statistics On Tuesday evening, I received a phone call from Larry Bagnell, the MP for the Yukon Territory.
February 17, 2020
- We warned the agency it was making a big mistake Last month featured media reports about the quality of service provided by the Canada Revenue Agency’s (CRA’s) call centres.
February 14, 2020
- I welcome your engagement on this proposal New Democrats are proud to be beginning 2020 by bringing forward groundbreaking new federal legislation
- We are truly a wilderness city Folks, I have such enjoyment watching foxes in our city.
- Answers are needed about this mining application1 For the past three years, Newmont GoldCorp has been exploring the possibility of building a gold mine in the White Gold area.
- Is the CBC playing fiddle to the industry? Propaganda mush is on the run – media style!
- We seek informed public comment on this issue In recent weeks, the RCMP have constructed militarized exclusion zones preventing Wet’suwet’en and invited guests from accessing their unceded territory.
February 12, 2020
- Liberals’ firearms plan leaves many questions The Trudeau Liberals’ plan to confiscate legal firearms and ban other registered and legal firearms from within municipalities leaves many questions unanswered – and legal challenges to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s government on the subject.
- Shame on those involved in this personal attack My name is Telek Rogan, and I was the Yukon Sourdough Rendezvous Queen in 2017.
- A lost cause Anyone close to Stephen Harper
- ‘Incredibly awesome’ people assisted me On Feb. 3, I was driving home on the North Klondike Highway with my two dogs.
February 7, 2020
- Why would our MP oppose fiscal accountability? In case you missed it, our country’s elected officials returned to the House of Commons last week as Parliament resumed, and members wasted no time getting down to the business of the people.
- Trump is simply outsmarting Trudeau In the eyes of a lot of people, U.S. President Donald Trump may be dumb.
- Caution: take with a grain of salt What an annoying Troy Media opinion piece you just ran: “CPP doesn’t need an overhaul, it needs to be killed” (Star, Feb. 3).
- Shouldn’t we be preserving some spaces? We humans have wiped out, by weight, one-half of life on Earth.
- This area needs a sidewalk! Every once in a blue moon, I decide I’d like to have some fresh beer, and I walk out to Yukon Brewing to see what is on tap.
January 31, 2020
- We Canadians are literally being taxed to death Last week, I received my bill for one tank full of gas.
- Gangs have no respect for our laws According to data from different agencies,
- A handgun ban wouldn’t curb the violence With the government proposing a ban on handguns, perhaps it’s worth considering the unanticipated consequences of other bans.
- Don’t turn firearm owning, law-abiding Yukoners into criminals Ed. note: this is a letter to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
- Putting things on the right track Just read your article about the White Pass railway’s new locomotives (Star, Jan. 24).