They demand respect, but give none in return
- New COVID rules are ‘pivotal’ (71)
- Unions, groups assess mandatory vaccines (46)
- Plastic bags ban sparked spirited debate (23)
- Vaccinations announcement a diversion from school scandal: Dixon (23)
- Petition demands more information (18)
- Would-be mayors stake positions at forum (12)
- Premier welcomes reopened border (8)
- Premier isn’t supporting his minister, opposition says (5)
Subscribers only access
October 20, 2021
- Don’t ignore their arrogance and secrecy This is an open letter to Yukoners.
- ‘Moving on’ requires answering the questions Ed. note: this is a letter to deputy premier Tracy-Anne McPhee.
- You’ve made the right decision Ed. note: this is a letter to Tracy-Anne McPhee, the minister of Health and Social Services.
- Canada must support girls’ education Kids all over Canada are now bustling with excitement with the new school year.
October 18, 2021
- What are their positions on a ward system? Electoral reform has been a discussion point in federal elections, promised and then discarded by subsequent governments.
October 15, 2021
- Absense of answers necessitates public discussion Ed. note: this is an open letter to Premier Sandy Silver.
- Pass the law’s biggest, boldest version People across Canada just experienced another summer of record-breaking heat, destructive wildfires, and dystopic-looking smoke hanging over many of our communities.
October 13, 2021
- City election 2021: age-friendly communities This letter has been emailed to all candidates who provided an email address on the City of Whitehorse candidates page.
- Think of what you can do to help our community One of the first things I noticed about the Yukon in the summer of ’98 was undoubtedly the abundance of wilderness.
- Let’s have action over ecological ignorance I do not have a computer or the Internet. I use my neighbour Yvonne Bessette’s computer and Internet.
- Letter ‘snivelling, self-righteous, self-serving’ I am writing in response to Simon Tourigny’s letter as printed in the Whitehorse Star on Oct. 1 (“They demand respect, but give none in return”).
October 8, 2021
- We don’t deserve these twists and distortions The Oct. 1 “opinion” piece by Community Services Minister Richard Mostyn in the Whitehorse Star is unfortunately so packed with distortions, exaggerations and deceptions that it cries out for a detailed response.
- I watched ashes wonderfully become art Ed. note: the writer lived in the Yukon for more than 40 years.
- Could this partnership be promoted? Could this partnership be promoted?
- YG has proved wildly erratic and neglectful Ed. note: this is an open letter to Yukon MP-designate Brendan Hanley.
- Please respond to these queries, candidates Ed. note: this is a letter to mayoral candidates Patti Balsillie, Laura Cabott and Samson Hartland.
October 6, 2021
- Minister Mostyn can keep trash-talking, but .... Re. “YP prefers unsupervised environmental havoc”, Star, Oct. 1, by Community Services Minister Richard Mostyn.