How do ‘rights’ apply to hunting and fishing?
- Collision injures cyclist (15)
- Ex-Yukon Party MLA eyes seat on council (15)
- Couple fined for wildlife violations (13)
- Many Rivers Counselling strike a possibility (8)
- Public service sees senior leadership changes (7)
- New solar project brightens condo complex (6)
- Segregation tops list of suggested WCC reforms (5)
- City bylaw can regulate surface mining: judge (4)
Subscribers only access
August 17, 2018
- Is lawmakers’ high pay helping the taxpayer? Does the City of Whitehorse really need an overpaid mayor and council?
- Should our city have a ward system? Riverdale, Copper Ridge, Porter Creek, downtown, country residential, Crestview or some other neighbourhood.
- Sir John A. deserves our thanks, not our scorn The man who fostered our identity as Canadians
- I’ll be watching the PM next month If you were the Right Honourable Prime Minister of Canada
- Our campaign will help house the homeless We are writing to inform you about an exciting initiative occurring in Whitehorse.
August 16, 2018
- Is Trump’s bark worse than his bite? U.S. President Donald Trump has called former White House aide Omarosa Manigault Newman a “dog.”
August 15, 2018
- We must take action on dangerous driving! There are a lot of issues that Whitehorse residents want addressed, and this is one of them.
- Northerners need a minister they can rely on Ed. note: this is a letter to Dominic Leblanc, the new federal minister of Intergovernmental Affairs, Northern Affairs and Internal Trade.
August 14, 2018
- Fishing rules make your shore lunch unlawful Cooking and eating a freshly-caught fish on the riverbank or lake shore has been a traditional part of the angling experience right back to the time fire was discovered by our ancestors.
- Always treat influencers with great care There was a time when our parents warned us to stay clear of bad influences, although now it may be a warning about bad influencers.
August 13, 2018
- Is Yukon a failing Liberal party experiment? For decades, I have been observing federal and Yukon political shenanigans.
- Racism: how did it ever come about? Racism is a prejudice, discrimination or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one race is superior.
August 10, 2018
- Disturbing musings are the echoes of history People born during the early ’30s will well remember a young lad who grew from a fumbling artist, to a corporal in the German army, and then to chancellor of the German Nation.
- The futility is almost electric This is “watt” it’s like writing to a Canadian minister of Defence – any minister of Defence, whether Conservative or Liberal – with trenchant technical questions regarding nutzoidly expensive weapons like submarines or fighter jets.
- This was a difficult but the best decision Ed. note: this is a letter to Charles Shewen, the president of the Yukon Fish and Game Association.
- Why are the Liberals igniting a cold war? Ed. note: this is an open letter to the strategic initiatives branch of the territorial Department of Energy, Mines and Resources (EMR).