There is simply no reason to drive like an idiot
- Tread carefully on housing incentive: Boyd (19)
- City asked for clarity on use of e-bikes (17)
- Suspects sought after armed robberies (14)
- Historic land claim’s key creators reunite (11)
- Funding unveiled for mining investment event (11)
- Woman was reluctant to see a nurse, inquest told (8)
- Ice bridge enters wider, thicker phase (7)
- Nurses testify at inquest into woman’s death (Revised) (6)
Subscribers only access
January 24, 2020
- Beautiful photos delight With my broken English, I cannot express my gratitude enough to you.
- Politics lost a good one in Ambrose Rona Ambrose’s announcement that she will not run for the Conservative leadership is a severe blow to the party but a blessing for the Liberals.
- The chief simply abandoned our assembly! A scheduled three-day Taan Kwach’an Council General Assembly (GA) was held on Jan. 10-12 for our First Nation.
- Stop funding this terrible dog abuse, Mr. Silver Ed. note: this is a letter to Premier Sandy Silver.
- Rich and vivid memories Do you remember those distant winter yesterdays?
- Canada can’t be all things to all people Right now, Canada is trying to be all things to all people in the world.
January 20, 2020
- Think about it. Was Don Cherry wrong? This letter is about the Don Cherry “You people”-poppy controversy back in November. Even though my timing is a bit late, I now feel compelled to write.
January 17, 2020
- Everyone is exactly the same! Recently, I tripped over this glittering gem:
- Papers are important to democracy I figure I had better write while I still have the privilege.
- As we edge toward war, why is diplomacy failing? Canadians are so diplomatic, we don’t say s--- to anybody about anything.
- ‘By mid-afternoon, the fires became convective’ Ed. note: Yukon Protective Services made this information available this week.
- Glad it’s still standing! I recently looked up the Taku Hotel and was pleasantly surprised to find out the building is still around.
January 15, 2020
- The Australian bushfires have a message for us Just ask Whitehorse resident Mary Ann Annable-Roots about wildfire evacuation.
- Shame to band councils that have climbed in bed with oil dudes I am grateful for and to the Wet’suwet’en hereditary clan chiefs who have the wisdom, courage and fortitude to stand up for climate justice (Star, Jan. 10, 13).
- Please be safe out there! A quick note to say thank you to all the drivers who are slowing down in the ice fog this week. It’s much appreciated.
January 13, 2020
- Double-fried Australia: conflagration clarified Current estimates of the wildfires burning Down Under is that they are 1,000 per cent (10 times) more extensive than previous fires, i.e., unprecedented in recorded history.
- How can Iran claim ‘unintentional’ deaths? Someone made a deliberate decision to fire a weapon to take down that plane.
January 10, 2020
- This project raises a range of concerns At 5:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 13, there will be a public hearing in council chambers at city hall regarding an application to amend a bylaw to allow the developer of 468 Range Rd. to reduce the parking requirements associated with a five-storey, 84-unit supportive housing development.
- You pay four taxes on one tank of gas! Recently, I filled up my truck gas tank, and the bill came to $120.24.
- Why do I visualize a grinning lemming? What kind of country is Canada?
- A beard doesn’t hide a two-faced man Prime Minister Justin Trudeau recently reappeared sporting his scruffy Costa Rican beard.
- Where is your concern with this global crime? Ed. note: this is a letter toYukon MP Larry Bagnell.