Yukoners: are you ready for a forest fire?
- Caps announcement leads to ‘mass confusion and no leadership’: realtor (39)
- Throne Speech combines Liberals’, NDP’s goals (23)
- Mechanism for rent caps plan remains unclear (20)
- Vaccines come under scrutiny in legislature (19)
- Yukon Party, minister spar over rent cap plan (18)
- Yukon Party questions sitting length, rent cap plans (16)
- Another damaged cable, another services outage (14)
- Pfizer vaccine planned for Yukon teenagers (12)
Subscribers only access
May 14, 2021
- As a landlord, I support the coming rent cap I was pretty ashocked by the letter from a landlord two weeks ago.
- MLA’s words created a sad day It’s a sad day (April 30) when my riding’s MLA is reported on CBC radio as opposing the most effective way to deal with the opioid overdose crisis.
- Your tenants are real people who deserve dignity Ed. note: this is a letter to Whitehorse resident Dave Avoledo (Star letters, April 30).
- I am right on the money I hope that Wednesday’s Internet outage that led to chaos and confusion in Whitehorse
- Recalling the Nazi carnage of the Dutch homeland On this day, May 14, in 1940, the Dutch military officials ordered an official surrender to the overwhelming German military forces.
May 10, 2021
- YP must address gender-based violence On May 3, 2021, Yukon Party Leader Currie Dixon issued a public apology after two members of his party made sexually explicit comments in a group chat.
- Apologies without accountability are useless I am writing with outrage and horror at the comments made by Yukon Party MLAs Stacey Hassard and Wade Istchenko.
- I am offended by your rude selfishness I’ve been hiking the trails in Riverdale for many, many years, in the summers, in fall, in winter and in the spring.
May 7, 2021
- Do some of our leaders have an agenda at play? Due to the onerous rules and restrictions our governments and medical officers of health have recommended and mandated to combat the spread of COVID-19,
- Congrats to the chattering duo! Unfortunately, the language and vitriol of Donald Trump is alive and well in Yukon – in the conservative-based party known as the Yukon Party.
- YP’s dynamic duo should be booted from caucus Yukon politics have reached the lowest level in Canadian politics with the recent personal attacks on Premier Sandy Silver and NDP Leader Kate White (Star, May 3, 5, 7).
- Be sure to research your professors The kids today, due to the ’Net, have the luxury of being able to check out reviews of potential university professors. Here are two recently posted:
- You’re making us experimental guinea pigs! Ed. note: this is a letter to Premier Sandy Silver and Dr. Brendan Hanley.
- People must adhere to recycling! Ed. note: this is a letter to Yukon MP Larry Bagnell.
April 30, 2021
- A hated criminal was born on this day On April 30, 1889, a single unwed mother by the name of Klara Pozi Hitler gave birth to a baby boy, in a small town in Austria.
- We ask that our leaders listen to the voters This is an open letter from some Yukon voters.
- Here’s the damage you’ve caused, Ms. Kate White Ed. note: this is a letter to Premier Sandy Silver and NDP Leader Kate White.
- So the triple-loser Liberals take the reins In the wake of the 2021 territorial election, Premier Sandy Silver’s Liberals are set to form a minority government in their status as three-time losers.
- Key decisions remain in limbo while Yukon awaits budget Ed. note: the Yukon Party released this item earlier this week.
- Food options are totally ridiculous I have just checked in at the High Country Inn for my two-week isolation,
April 23, 2021
- Whether I’m vaccinated is none of your business I am no socialite, and I have never been much of a traveller.
- ‘Disappointed’ doesn’t tell the entire story In Peter Mansbridge’s book,
- The CMA’s ludicrous stance irks me It is with great dismay and anger that I read on April 16th about the Canadian Medical Association’s (CMA’s) call for “national collaboration between provinces and territories”.