Pointing the way to alternative options
- Voters opt for familiarity in the mayoralty (22)
- RCMP out to keep roads safe in new era (20)
- Pot store opens, but online site not live on time (16)
- Voters give council a moderate overhaul (14)
- Renos to new group home estimated up to $1 M (8)
- Indigenous women’s groups get major funding boost (7)
- Cannabis sales site attracted 30,000 views (6)
- Council seat winners, pursuers reflect on results (6)
Subscribers only access
October 23, 2018
- High costs mean Canada Post is a service only for the rich Canada Post, a government corporation, has begun rotating strikes that will affect the delivery of mail and parcels to the Canadian taxpayers.
- The process needs more citizen involvement Given the way governments have been behaving in the last few years,
October 22, 2018
- It’s home-grown from our plains, Mr. Trump! Legal “bud”, electric-lettuce, ganja, green-gold, herb, hemp, weed, etc. etc.
- This program has opened my eyes On Aug. 16, 2018, I graduated from a program called Voices Influencing Change,
- This policy is voter suppression! If I can’t vote without having to compromise other important rights,
- Obviously, voting trends are changing Thanks to all candidates for putting their names forward.
- Do not be disheartened, candidates! I would like to extend a hearty congratulations to all the new councillors and Mayor Dan Curtis on campaigns well-run.
October 19, 2018
- A month in, and the thrift store is making some changes After the first month in our new retail space,
October 17, 2018
- Liberals are attacking we citizens, not criminals The federal Liberals are planning to ban all handguns in Canada.
- Does our territory need a United Way? The Yukon has supported a United Way for almost 25 years now.
- We endorse the Peel planning process On behalf of all Wilderness Tourism Association of the Yukon (WTAY) members and its board of directors,
- He said it right Legal pot is now a reality.
- Vote for those who can solve our housing crisis I moved to Whitehorse, Yukon in 2001.
October 16, 2018
- Instead of answers, we received hazy uncertainty With just one day left until tomorrow’s legalization of cannabis in Canada,
- Can Facebook advance your political aspirations? Lately, I have observed groups of young people, huddled-together at Starbucks and Tim Hortons – all texting, not talking.
- I endorse this first-rate candidate Are you overwhelmed when asked to vote for six out of 20 candidates in this Thursday’s municipal election? I certainly am.
October 15, 2018
- Reintroducing fluoride doesn’t hold any water Imagine my dismay a few weeks ago while I was looking through the Whitehorse Star and read about a hopeful councillor calling for the reintroduction of fluoride into our drinking water.
- I’d be pleased to debate the pressing issues Dave Brekke has graciously offered to debate me on the merits of proportional representation (Star letters, Oct. 12).