- Post-2015 achievements are plentiful: Bagnell (31)
- Frontrunners are in a tight race, data suggest (22)
- Privatization unleashes angry backlash (9)
- Smith stresses tax cuts, alternative energy, gun laws (8)
- Greens’ prospects are the best ever, candidate says (8)
- Lemphers: ‘I believe in a new deal for people’ (8)
- Zelezny sees ‘an opportunity for starting fresh’ (7)
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship warming up to a new name (5)
October 4, 2019
- Solutions do not seem to be your forté Ed. note: this is the second and final part of an open letter to climate change activist Greta Thunberg. The first part was published Wednesday.
- What’s Scheer’s big problem? This is too ridiculous.
- The Liberals are responsible for this setback Ed. note: NDP Leader Kate White released this statement Wednesday.
- What the Grits are hiding about gun control The following statistics were taken from the research of Prof. Lott at the University of Chicago. Lott is a noted expert on U.S. gun laws and statistics.
- Is Trump bound for the moon? Wow, that Donald Trump is really freaking out now.
- Simply planting trees isn’t good enough Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s announcement of planting two billion trees over 10 years may be classed as “good intentions”.
October 2, 2019
- Criminals ensure gun control does not work Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced last Sunday that the Liberals will introduce more stringent gun control than Canada has ever seen before.
- Here’s what they said When I was on disability with the Yukon government,
- So far, your solutions have seemed quite thin Ed. note: this is an open letter to climate change activist Greta Thunberg.
- A local climate emergency? Nonsense! We do not need climate scientists nor meteorologists to tell us our climate has been warming.
September 30, 2019
- This is a story of complacent hypocrisy Let us put aside our prime minister’s virtue signaling: that he flaunts his paper straws while sending garbage mislabelled recycling to the Philippines by the shipload.
September 27, 2019
- PM’s brown face caper is the least of his sins Though Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s brown face caper was tasteless and regrettable,
- Liberals are driving Canada’s debt to perilous levels According to the Canadian Taxpayers Federation’s account findings,
- A destination for Donald U.S. President Donald Trump has announced that “We’re going to Mars.”
- This is a matter of pure cheek! I’ve heard it said that this 21st century is characterized as one when it’s getting harder to tell who is really in charge of anything.
- Grits are masters with the fork and pork Another week, another funding announcement from Larry Bagnell.
- The challenge is to keep your vision clear This is an open letter to all the young people who were part of the Global Climate Action Strike (Star, Sept. 23).
September 23, 2019
- The Liberals would toughen gun legislation Ed. note: this letter was submitted shortly before Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced the Liberal party’s proposed ban on assault rifles on Friday.
September 20, 2019
- Let’s embrace politics, not low-life attacks! The big news of the day slants toward Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s past history.
- Turn the page on that one In my last letter, I really meant that the book written by our former prime minister
- Would this be a real emergency for Coun. Curteanu? To Whitehorse city leadership: in my humble understandi ng, there was only one “climate change emergency motion” from Coun. Steve Roddick
- The campaign is on, but what about vote reform?The campaign is on, but what about vote reform? I’m back from the woods, and I feel good.
- Generations should clean up after ourselves Lately in your paper, there have been a lot of articles and letters on environmental subjects.
- Sounds ominous, right? From the time they dropped the writ to election day comes to 40 days and 40 nights.
- The Greens are our climate warriors Climate change killed off the dinosaurs.
- There is no link between the two matters I was amused to read a number of articles on social influencers.