- Group home’s staff endangered youth: report (26)
- Help conserve energy, YEC asks Yukoners (16)
- Report lays out wide-ranging suggestions (8)
- Yukoners flock to private cannabis store (7)
- Man faces cell time after 2017 collision (2)
- Apartment complex set (2)
- Ottawa pours money into economic diversification (2)
- Athlete named chef de mission for Lima 2019, Tokyo 2020 (1)
April 1, 2019
- I hopped to the mission I have mailed a custom-made – I made it – card to the present Australian prime minister,
- Enjoy the carbon tax, all you fools! It is very fitting that in some parts of Canada, the carbon tax kicks in on April Fool’s day.
- A renewable no to a carbon-tax, Ms. May and Mr. Singh! Ed. note: this is the second part of a two-part open letter to Green Party Leader Elizabeth May and federal NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh. The first one was published Friday.
March 29, 2019
- The leadership crisis is deepening The following is from page 328 of Dr. Thomas Homer-Dixon’s book, The Ingenuity Gap, published in 2000. There was a crisis in leadership in 2000.
- The federal Liberals’ days at the trough will end soon! The stink and disaster of this present LIEberal federal government, as it continues daily to soil itself, are unbearable.
- Is a Frosty Freeze coming to Whitehorse soon? Health and Social Services (HSS) Minister Pauline Frost holds a hard line with NGOs.
- Government needs to speed up on a ‘slow down’ law Ed. note: the official Opposition Yukon Party has submitted this item.
- Disparaging comments require a response This is a response to the letter to the editor by Bev Miller in Wednesday’s paper (“The city isn’t doing its part for this event”).
- Where is the fairness in my treatment? Ed. note: this is a letter to Premier Sandy Silver.
- No to a carbon-tax, Ms. May and Mr. Singh! ( Comment ) Ed. note: this is an open letter to Green Party Leader Elizabeth May and federal NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh.
March 27, 2019
- The city isn’t doing its part for this event Just wanted to send out a special thank you to the board of directors and volunteers of the Yukon First Nation Hockey Association for the incredible job they did organizing this past weekend’s native hockey tournament (Star, March 25, 27).
March 25, 2019
- Prime minister’s credibility has become a major problem “There can be a cost to acting on one’s principles, but there is a bigger cost to abandoning them.” – Dr. Jane Philpott
- This was a huge and successful event Wow!
March 22, 2019
- Who are the real poor people here? The Department of Health and Social Services (HSS) has taken over the Whitehorse Emergency Shelter at a much greater expense to you taxpayers (Star, January, February, March stories).
- PM is buying votes with our children’s money In 2015, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was elected on a promise to run three years of small deficits and balance the budget in 2019.
- Efficiency is unimportant to Yukon Liberals On Tuesday,
- Conservatives’ behaviour was appalling Conservative Party Leader Andrew Scheer,