- Couple seeking refuge in Old Crow are told to leave (37)
- Declaration ‘not meant to alarm Yukoners’ (19)
- New COVID-19 laws won’t mean more patrols, arrests: RCMP (15)
- Several scenarios possible for rest of school year (13)
- Suspend mining, WRFN says (13)
- Fifth COVID-19 case turns up in Yukon (11)
- Agreement approved for Tlingit Street work (7)
- Sixth virus sufferer had travelled in Europe (7)
March 20, 2020
- Utilize your thinking helmet before making this decision I had a pleasant chat with Senator Pat Duncan two weeks ago.
- Here’s what it’s like to be COVID-19-tested Ed. note: here, this Whitehorse resident, who has requested anonymity, shares the recent experience of being tested for COVID-19 in Whitehorse.
- The testing system weaknesses are alarming Ed. note: this letter to Premier Sandy Silver was received Wednesday.
March 18, 2020
- Your MLAs are taking this issue seriously Ed. note: the official Opposition Yukon Party released this statement prior to the three political parties reaching an agreement to expedite business in the legislature.
March 13, 2020
- Our resource sector, Canadians need each other Canadian resource industries have put a lot of food on my family’s table.
- We need a ban on fossil fuel development Yukoners Concerned is calling for a legislated total ban on any fossil fuel development in the territory.
- There’s no reason for another destructive mine I have been a Yukoner of 32 years,
- We are suspending our strike votes Ed. note: this statement was released this morning.
March 11, 2020
- The Liberals oppose working together on COVID-19 Ed. note: the official Opposition Yukon Party has released this statement.
- PST would have been a reasonable compromise Some years ago in a class about workplace safety and health, a student pointed out to the class that one person’s common sense is another person’s nonsense.
- Why the world-wide draconian measures? It was not Shakespeare’s “Beware the Ides of March” warning to Julius Caesar, but it might as well have been.
March 9, 2020
- Why don’t we just get normal? Would you have heard the song “Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?” by Chicago?
- Second Avenue’s worst problem is its bad drivers In 2019, I visited Whitehorse four times after moving away 30 years ago.
- Let’s rise above partisanship and work together Ed. note: the official Opposition Yukon Party released this statement Sunday.
March 6, 2020
- Trudeau may be harbouring some regrets I bet our amazingly naïve and stunningly verbose “sunny ways” prime minister is secretly wishing he still had Jody Wilson-Raybould, Canada’s first Indigenous justice minister, to hide behind.
- These are Libertarian propaganda organizations Jack Buckby never finished university.
- The Liberals are putting Yukoners’ health at risk I have to say, it’s a pretty sad and disgusting day when it’s your own government that’s harming every single Yukoner’s health and well- being.
- Flags should not be flown in a disgraceful way Embroidered in every Canadian flag are the names of the thousands of men and women who signed on the dotted line to: