- Council opts to pump $11 million into Games (38)
- NDP proposes trio of affordability measures (31)
- Power, firewood rebates unveiled (31)
- Climate Leadership Council’s report lauded (27)
- New poll has Liberals in third place (26)
- Firewood issues are kindling for a problematic winter: YP (20)
- ‘Our thoughts are with the officer and his family’ (16)
- Major Housing Summit to begin tomorrow (11)
September 12, 2022
- ‘It has been a profound honour to serve as premier’ Ed. note: Premier Sandy Silver offered these public remarks on Friday.
September 9, 2022
- Test-drive these roads yourself, minister Clarke Ed. note: this is a letter to Highways and Public Works Minister Nils Clarke.
- Thank you for helping this damsel in distress! I am a handicapped senior who lives at Copper Ridge Place and who relies heavily upon the city bus system to get around.
- Credible follow-up research makes sense According to data from 20 of the top 21 life insurance companies in the United States, death claims for working-age adults under group life insurance policies spiked well beyond expected levels in the third quarter (July, August, September) of 2021.
September 7, 2022
- Finding a place is a challenge Trying to find a decent, finished room room that’s not too expensive is easier said than done.
- Setting out solutions to the rental crisis I am writing this letter to express my disgust with the positions of both the Yukon Liberal Party and the Yukon Party.
September 2, 2022
- He was expressing the sentiments of millions Since last Saturday, the CTV evening news has made the verbal attack on Chrystia Freeland in Alberta their first or second “top story” for the last five nights in a row!
- These are critical times for our society The greatest trial of our time is to find a way to live in balance with nature.
- Flood events show the urgent need to act We are writing to support the concerns the Pettifors have raised (Star letters, Aug. 29).
August 31, 2022
- What will the electoral committee report? Re. the Special Committee on Electoral Reform’s posted newspaper ads, “How Should Yukon Vote?”
- Dialogue leads to a peaceful, cleaner future Ed. note: Premier Sandy Silver, N.W.T. Premier Caroline Cochrane and Nunavut Premier P.J. Akeeagok have issued this joint statement about their participation in the Arctic Circle Forum (Star, Aug. 29).
August 29, 2022
- Please have Yukon Energy spill some water We are presently seeing, and have never seen before, water levels in the ditches and in the treed areas behind Army Beach Drive.