- Tread carefully on housing incentive: Boyd (30)
- Woman was reluctant to see a nurse, inquest told (24)
- Shooting linked to drug trade, organized crime (13)
- Ice bridge enters wider, thicker phase (10)
- Advocate launches review of school attendance woes (10)
- Nurses testify at inquest into woman’s death (Revised) (9)
- Murder trial hears evidence from Carmacks man (7)
- Utmost was done to save woman: paramedics (7)
January 10, 2020
- Where is your concern with this global crime? Ed. note: this is a letter toYukon MP Larry Bagnell.
- A beard doesn’t hide a two-faced man Prime Minister Justin Trudeau recently reappeared sporting his scruffy Costa Rican beard.
- Why do I visualize a grinning lemming? What kind of country is Canada?
- You pay four taxes on one tank of gas! Recently, I filled up my truck gas tank, and the bill came to $120.24.
- This project raises a range of concerns At 5:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 13, there will be a public hearing in council chambers at city hall regarding an application to amend a bylaw to allow the developer of 468 Range Rd. to reduce the parking requirements associated with a five-storey, 84-unit supportive housing development.
January 6, 2020
- Destroying cultural sites is a war crime Ed. note: this is a letter to Yukon MP Larry Bagnell.
- Commit this to film! I wrote to the director Ridley Scott a while ago recommending a motion picture based on the book Bringing Columbia Home.
- Hemodialysis is a service that Yukoners need It is not a happy New Year for the family and friends of Terry Coventry, who just died of complications from kidney failure.
January 3, 2020
- So much for the money building the party What is the difference between a scam and what the (Hon.?) Andrew Scheer was allowed to do with the Conservative Party of Canada’s funds?
- Doctor’s dedication is unparalleled Dr. David Storey has been a doctor in Yukon for well over 40 years, and has cared for a lot of Yukoners over those years.
- The memories are absolutely wonderful Hi, Whitehorse!
- This ‘gunboat diplomacy’ should be permanently docked Ed. note: this is a letter to Yukon MP Larry Bagnell.
December 30, 2019
- The Earth is but a small blue raft I wrote this 15 years ago when I was in my hometown, Trail, B.C.: “The Earth is a small blue raft floating in the eternal silence of time.”
December 27, 2019
- First past the post: what does that mean, really? Federally, “first past the post” means: Quebec shall rule Canada.
- While they dither, pedestrians die I read city engineer Taylor Eshpeter’s response to the concerns of traffic safety in your competition with great interest.
December 20, 2019
- This was the word from the agency Here’s the text of a letter dated Jan. 7, 2015 that I received from Mr. Gilles Leclerc, the-then acting vice-president of our space agency.
- Will the Liberals try to force through gun measures? Bill Blair, the minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, announced Oct. 13, 2018 that data showed domestic guns have been illegally reverted (straw purchases).
- Updating renewable energy tools for our future Yukoners Concerned was formed several years ago to resist fracking to protect our water.