- Strategy to cost $500 million over 10 years (38)
- Climate change strategy underwhelms NDP leader (18)
- Potential battery site generates wide opposition from neighbours (17)
- Cathers to seek another term in next election (13)
- Outside investors have been turned away, city told (13)
- Residents’ anxieties have been heard: Yukon Energy (13)
- Potential Tank Farm lots take another step (9)
- Van Bibber to seek second term in Porter Creek North (8)
August 26, 2020
- We are ensuring Canadians’ safety As our economy starts to reopen, the health and safety of Canadians are our number one priority.
August 24, 2020
- We need some traffic-calming measures Ed. note: this is a letter to the City of Whitehorse.
- Let’s all make Whitehorse green again! Ed. note: this is a letter to Mayor Dan Curtis and city council.
- Come and help honour Bryan Clayson My husband, Bryan Clayson, passed away suddenly Oct. 11, 2016.
August 21, 2020
- The museum merits a permanent tax exemption Ed. note: this is a letter to Mayor Dan Curtis and city council.
- A sobering number looms If the death toll from COVID-19 in the United States goes over 400,000,
- Minister gave me no reflections about wetlands During the Yukon Party leadership campaign, letters were sent to candidates Currie Dixon and Brad Cathers.
- Where’s my kids’ school bus? Ed. note: the Star received this letter on Wednesday.
August 14, 2020
- Museum should be exempted from paying taxes Ed. note: this is a letter to Mayor Dan Curtis and city council.
- People’s need for connection is essential During a time that has been tumultuous and challenging for many,
- The people in charge offer convoluted messages It’s time for the straight goods on COVID-19 restrictions.
- Don’t eschew our wetlands out of greed In the geological time table of this planet, humans live in the era of Cenozoic.
- Social media must cut falsehoods Facebook has finally removed a false claim from U.S. President Donald Trump’s page: the claim being that children are less susceptible to the COVID-19 virus.
- Why are you OK with Liberals being pawns? Ed. note: this is an open letter to Yukon MP Larry Bagnell.
- Be proactive in reducing trail conflicts! This is an open letter to the City of Whitehorse (Community Services Committee).
August 7, 2020
- People die while Trump golfs onward Nero fiddled – while the fire spread through Rome.
- Be sure to make your views heard! Calling all Yukoners!
- Preventing child sexual abuse at its source Most of us have been feeling the impact of COVID-19.
- City’s approach to trails: unfair, illogical The 2007 Trail Plan states that due to limited resources, “many recreational facilities – including trails – must accommodate multiple uses, and users” (p. 24).