- It’s 90 more days for the state of emergency (44)
- Disagreement on time issue keeps on ticking (39)
- Budget features record capital spending (16)
- Territory striking out on seniors’ vaccines: report (15)
- Independent living complex receives major funding boost (14)
- Movie crew begins production (14)
- Councillor announces mayoral bid, Patti Balsillie also candidate (14)
- RCMP unperturbed by 2019 crime statistics (11)
February 12, 2021
- Name the election time, Premier Silver Ed. note: the Yukon Party released this statement Thursday.
- Yukon Energy must wake up to the climate crisis Instead of spending $500 million to buy electricity from B.C., Yukon should be investing in our own renewable energy future
- We watched it burn in pure disbelief Residents were on the scene of Wednesday’s house fire quickly, helping to remove furniture, personal effects, etc.
- Open your eyes and save this natural heritage! Ed. note: this is an open letter to Energy, Mines and Resources Minister Ranj Pillai.
February 10, 2021
- Hope the forecast is wrong again I hope the two-week, extended weather forecast is wrong for the temperatures in Whitehorse and Yukon.
- Protection is the key word in ‘managing’ bears As a keystone species, grizzly bears have a positive effect on the ecosystems where they thrive.
February 5, 2021
- Women have the right to feel and be safe in a cab Ed. note: this former local taxi driver has requested anonymity for reasons surrounding her personal security.
- Maybe we deserve a revolutionary ballot Together and apart, we read the Whitehorse Star editorial on Dec. 11, 2020, outlining the problems that could be solved with electoral reform.
- Defer a decision until after the land use planning The Yukon Environmental and Socio-economic Assessment Board (YESAB) is inviting the public to comment on details of an exploration program submitted by Go Metals Corp. of Vancouver.
- It’s not that I got a moose; I went hunting! I have hunted since the age of 13, with a rifle as well as a bow and arrow.
- Go read your history, Rendezvous To the young ladies wanting to change the Sourdough Rendezvous name:
- There has been a clear lack of consultation Ed. note: this is a letter to Premier Sandy Silver.
- Have an open house, Mr. Mostyn Ed. note: this is a letter to Highways and Public Works Minister Richard Mostyn.
- Thank you, fellow travellers along this road Thank you, Canada, and thank you, Yukoners! We are grateful to be citizens in this wonderful country!
February 1, 2021
- Your failures are tearing our community apart Ed. note: this is a letter to the board of the newly-renamed Yukon Rendezvous.
- Keep ‘Sourdough’ in the festival name It has been brought to my attention that the term “Sourdough” is in danger of being dropped from the Yukon Sourdough Rendezvous.
January 29, 2021
- Inconvenient truths about our COVID-19 response Wednesday, Jan. 27 marked two important milestones in the struggle against COVID.
- It’s time for us to elect senators Re. Canada and procurement for our military.
- Are Trump politics on their way north? A recent column in the Star questioned if the politics of former U.S. president Donald Trump will come to Canada.