- Vote split affected outcome, Conservatives agree (27)
- Yukoners to send another Liberal to Ottawa (21)
- RCMP, government apologize over handling of charges against former EA (17)
- Third dose is for immuno-compromised Yukoners (16)
- RCMP offer residents help to prevent thefts in Whitehorse (13)
- Break-in spurs help for store owner (9)
- More cases reported, alert issued (8)
- Candidates assess Yukoners’ verdict (7)
August 27, 2021
- I apologize for this numerical error Ed. note: this is a letter to Premier Sandy Silver.
- Passports: he has the right position Good on Jonas Smith for not backing down on his positions on the possible privacy issues over “vaccination passports”, which are already being demanded in some parts of Canada.
- Please answer the question, Mr. Smith Ed. note: this is an open letter to Jonas Smith, the Yukon’s independent candidate in the Sept. 20 federal election.
- You’re perfect just the way you are! Dear Yukon: thank you for allowing fully vaccinated Albertans to visit your wonderful territory.
- Dr. Brendan Hanley must resign from his job Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, Yukoners have looked to the chief medical officer of health as a source of independent and impartial advice regarding public health.
- We need a thorough explanation! Like many Conservatives in the Yukon,
August 20, 2021
- Don’t chicken out; decide correctly! The ongoing COVID epidemic has cost us all so much – a number of deaths, ongoing illnesses, our freedom at times and often our jobs.
- Economic concerns shouldn’t usurp public health Ed. note: this is a letter to Premier Sandy Silver, several cabinet ministers and deputy ministers, the three NDP MLAs and Dr. Catherine Elliott, the acting chief medical officer of health.
- Strengthening health in low-income nations Canada must contribute more to strengthening under-funded health systems in low-income countries to improve COVID-19 vaccine distribution.
- Election shouldn’t be based on party politics Canada has now been forced into a most unnecessary election period, and for all the wrong reasons.
August 13, 2021
- I received cheek instead of service! I recently had an argument with somebody at the Elijah Smith Building.
- Response to Gwynne Dyer’s column Re. Gwynne Dyer’s column of last Monday.
- You would be held accountable! Ed. note: this is a letter to Yukon MP Larry Bagnell.
- Will YG get it right in protecting our water? Re. Victoria Gold spills 17,000 litres of waste cyanide 500 metres from a major waterway.
- Fly the freedom flag high, and with pride Last week, I was cutting the front lawn and a chap pulled up to the curb, with his 10-year-old son in the car, both wearing orange T-shirts.
August 6, 2021
- ‘War should belong to the tragic past, to history’ On this day, Aug. 6, in 1945, the atomic age reached the Second World War, lest we forget.
- We are deeply concerned about YG’s silence Re: “The department’s ‘response’ has been appalling” – the open letter to the Department of Education from the Concerned Parents of Hidden Valley School (Star, Aug. 2).
- Man kudos to Simone and Naomi Since when has mental health been more important than a gold medal?
- Back-to-school questions remain unanswered Ed. note: these two letters were sent to Education Minister Jeanie McLean on July 27 and on Thursday respectively.
- Here’s the Rendezvous survey feedback Following the 2021 Yukon Rendezvous Festival, the society released a public survey.
August 4, 2021
- These parents deserve answers, minister McLean Ed. note: this is a letter to Education Minister Jeanie McLean.
- YG’s sudden decision has disrupted lives Ed. note: this is a letter to Community Services Minister Richard Mostyn.
August 2, 2021
- The help is much appreciated! As residents of a house in the Lake Laberge flood zone,
- The decision-makers should read these letters Ed. note: this is an open letter to territorial cabinet minister John Streicker.
- The department’s ‘response’ has been appalling Ed. note: this is a letter to the Department of Education.