- Major improvements set for Mt. Sima (24)
- Masks take effect, but potential enforcement downplayed (23)
- Appointment creates all-female Supreme Court (21)
- Exposure alerts out as COVID cases climb to 46 (16)
- YEU sees ‘recipe for potential tragedy’ at shelter (11)
- ‘Not my finest or my best hour,’ Curtis says (9)
- Yukon government unveils more help for tourism industry (8)
- Number of COVID cases reaches 50 (6)
November 13, 2020
- What’s at the end of this dubious garden path? I have wondered all along if the “pandemic” isn’t actually a “scamdemic”, designed to throw the free, Western world into chaos (and get rid of Donald Trump), in preparation for the Great Reset, the New World Order.
- Yukoners need to protect wetlands from the government Yukoners Concerned is a group of citizens acting to protect water.
- Why we lose faith in our leaders So, a few months ago, the government took away the Ruger Ranch rifle that I had carried as a survival rifle in my aircraft for many years.
- Our health care is great Yukoners: we need to keep our health care intact for all to use.
- Are you willing to trade freedom for nonsense? As I sit and watch the news these days, I can’t help but shake my head.
- Let’s not allow staking before a planning process I am writing to commend Art Webster, the former deputy chair of the Dawson Land Use Planning Commission, on his principled resignation.
- Playing politics, not protecting people’s lives I am now double-flabbergasted.
- I witnessed deplorable lapses at the hospital This is a letter to Premier Sandy Silver, Dr. Brendan Hanley and associates, other MLAs, the Yukon government’s Department of Health and Social Services and the Yukon Hospital Corp.
November 9, 2020
- Millions voted for continued lunacy Though I am very happy Joe Biden won the U.S. election, my happiness is somewhat tempered knowing that after four years of a thoroughly dysfunctional, incompetent presidency, 70 million people still voted for a return of his lunacy.
November 6, 2020
- Unfortunately, racism is still very much alive in Canada I was born and raised in a proud, democratic province in a country called Canada.
- You’re shovelling the marriage fallout Residents of Whitehorse: a weather marriage took place over us.
- Parties are pandering and playing politics I was flabbergasted to learn the conservative Yukon Party and New Democrats recently voted against more than $92 million in COVID-19 measures in the legislative assembly.
- These are the traits our politicians need to lead Politicians have a tough time these days; stress and controversy are everywhere.
- Yukon should have chosen standard time As we all know, most of Canada changed their clocks back over the weekend.
November 2, 2020
- The consequences can be catastrophic! Meet Adorable Deplorable, a loyal and true believer.
October 30, 2020
- Remember: we’re all in this together One obvious conclusion arising from this pandemic is that health issues don’t recognize borders.
- There’s just no soft-soaping this The following is from Bill Bryson’s fantastic (you should read it) book, The Body, published in 2019:
- Mortgage interest should be made tax-deductible Families with an income of $70,000 a year should be able to have the interest on mortgages be deductible on their federal tax return.
- Screen out financing for Arctic National Wildlife Refuge projects! Ed. note: this is a letter to Brian J. Porter, the CEO of Scotiabank; Bharat Masrani, the CEO of the Toronto-Dominion Bank; and Victor Dodig, the CEO of the CIBC.
- It’s time to set Yukoners free of restrictions, Mr. Silver Ed. note: this is a letter to Premier Sandy Silver.
October 28, 2020
- Nurses are not cared for or valued properly I am sad at the news that four nurses resigned from the Yukon Hospital Corp. (Star, Oct. 19, 21).
- Let us act to prevent a school busing tragedy As you may know, I’ve written letters of this variety in the years past.
- A meaningful way to remember him I am writing to offer my deep appreciation to the municipal Department of Parks and Community Development for their fine program allowing family and loved ones to honour their departed in such a fitting and sensitive way.