- Show leadership on climate change, council told (19)
- Audit called a wakeup call for Education officials (17)
- City council asked to outlaw plastic bags (17)
- Trolley tracks turning hazardous, minister is told (16)
- Union wants to discuss dismissal with mayor (11)
- Dawson’s budget tops $8 million (4)
- Two animal shelters may unite into one as discussions go on (4)
- The North knows: the carbon tax is a scam (1)
June 5, 2019
- Reopen the RCMP Auxiliary Constable Program in the Yukon I’m writing this open letter to you today as our ministers of Justice and Community Services in the Yukon
June 3, 2019
- Government spending creates thousands of jobs Does the Yukon have too much government, as stated by Conservative candidate Jonas Smith? (Star letters, May 31).
- Yukon’s tourism industry has a lot to celebrate May 26-June 1 was National Tourism Week.
- This approach defies common sense, Mr. Pillai Ed. note: this is a letter to Energy, Mines and Resources Minister Ranj Pillai.
- Was it one chance in a million? Being 86, I often have the problem of remembering names.
May 31, 2019
- Liberals are scapegoating firearms owners, plan to criminalize handguns It is clear now that the Liberals do plan to criminalize the possession of legally-owned handguns.
- Old trends return to people of Canada Because the cost of living has gone through the roof in Canada over the last four years, kids are having to live with their parents longer.
- Yukon Energy wants to add to carbon footprint Leafing through the Star on Monday,
- The Yukon has too much government There’s really no subtle way to say it: the Yukon has too much government.
May 29, 2019
- Despite it all, Trump is getting results! You industrial engineers are very busy in the United States these days, designing and developing new car plants.
May 24, 2019
- The inadequate man syndrome We live in an intensely patriarchal society. To be a real man here is a measure of all things.
- How far ‘right’ will we have to go? America’s president, Donald Trump, is still praising Vladimir Putin, white nationalism and preparing for war with Iran (Republican “war presidents” always get re-elected).
- A specialist warns of carbon tax/CO2 ‘fraud’ Global warming specialist Douglas Vogt of the Diehold Foundation has recently warned of CO2 greenhouse effect fraud circulating in the world-wide global warming discussion.
- A little ‘pot’ might help a lot! Canada’s Competition Bureau promotes truth in advertising.
- Grits ‘desperate to sway political fortunes’ I was going to devote this letter exclusively to criticizing the latest crazy, nonsensical LIEberal attempt to ban guns.
- Are our taxes being spent with integrity? The territorial premier is at home spending the hard-earned people’s tax dollars to build roads into the backlands so mining companies can explore the interior for open-pit mining that will make them billions of dollars on the backs of the taxpayers.
- Poor border staffing was totally unacceptable Ed. note: this is a letter to the Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA).
May 17, 2019
- We’re being smothered in taxes! So we have carbon taxes paid in Alberta and British Columbia and anything coming through these provinces to the Yukon from the United States.
- Mining for clean energy: an understated reality Climate change.
- We have a real chance to be innovative This is in response to Chuck Tobin’s “Fiscal derailment shunts trolley to sidelines” article published in the Whitehorse Star on May 1.
- Making an appeal for less adversarial government I take my garbage to Marsh Lake.
- When do you move to drop our electrical rates? Ed. note: this is an open letter to Andrew Hall, the president of the Yukon Energy Corp.
- Let’s keep the waterfront trolley on the track Now, I am no fan of wasting taxpayer dollars,
- I expressed a real opinion to the marchers Earlier this month, I saw a group of marchers with signs about mental health.
- Remember the long-gone glory days? Now that somebody’s darling has completed the multimillion-dollar abomination that is the addition to MacBride Museum,