- Whitehorse AA meetings Are held daily at different locations. Call 1-877-364-7277 for a meeting schedule.
- Whitehorse Food Bank 306 Alexander Street Hours for food pick-up, Tuesday 10-1 and 3:30-5pm, Thursday: 10-1 and 3:30-6:30. Call 393-2265 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Alzheimer Dementia Family Caregiver Support Group Meets Monthly. A group for family and friends caring for someone with dementia. Call Joanne at 668-7712 for info.
- Yukon Star Party August 24th and 25th at Takhini Hot Springs, Observatory opening, kids outdoor activities and lots more. Visit www.yukonastronomy.com
- The Ingestible Festival, Mt. Lorne, August 26th, local food creations judged on presentation, taste, locality. Call for entries, more info www.mountlorne.yk.net.
- FASSY Parent Caregiver Support meeting August 23rd, 6:30pm-9pm at 205 Black Street. All are welcome. Call 867-821-3431.
- YRTA, Yukon Retired Teachers breakfast Tues. Aug. 14th, 9:30am at Ricky’s. Guests welcome. Call 667-2644 for info.
- Veterans Affairs Will be here August 20th-24th, Legion open 8:30am-16:30hrs August 21st & 22nd appointments and walkins. Home visits 20th and 23rd. Call 334-1780 or 668-2886.
- Public meeting set for proposed quarry (10)
- Crime prevention initiatives receive money (9)
- Senior had been high on list for permit (7)
- Residents rally to fire victims’ cause (4)
- Whitehorse residents win $1 million (4)
- Employers’ assessment rates in for some changes (3)
- Boyd hesitant about relaxing city building rules (2)
- Judge to rule on man’s parole eligibility (2)