- Declare climate emergency, MLAs urge government (35)
- Yukon Energy ices 20-megawatt generating station (18)
- Minister questioned on tree removal (16)
- YG store reported $2 M in cannabis sales in five months (12)
- Councillor wants free store reopened (10)
- Board begins recruitment of Yukon University president (10)
- Minister peppered with questions about housing (9)
- YG should follow suit, make the declaration (4)
September 20, 2019
- Captain Dick and the Sourtoe Cocktail It couldn’t happen anywhere but in the Yukon. In fact, it couldn’t be conceived anywhere but in the Yukon.
- Canadians have never witnessed such an election This is going to be a federal election like none before in Canadian history.
- Don’t bet the mortgage on a predictable result (editorial) Circa 2017, if he was idly ruminating about his re-election prospects two years’ hence, twin scenarios would likely have made Yukon MP Larry Bagnell recoil with a sense of frowning concern.
September 16, 2019
- Smoke definitely gets in your eyes in Dawson (Uffish Thoughts) There was a lot of smoke in the air here last week,
September 13, 2019
- Games, matches and love: jargon and its limitations The atmosphere in Rotary Peace Park last Saturday was electric.
- Postpone your brushing until we residents have been fully consulted! (Comment) Crag Lake residents and business owners are calling on the Yukon government to postpone highway right-of-way clearing along the Tagish Road until they have had an opportunity to provide input on the planned work.
- Electoral reform to electoral rebellion? Part one of this two-part series, published Wednesday, shows how Canadians fight back with ecological strategic voting.
September 11, 2019
- Electoral reform to electoral rebellion? (Comment) Come election day, all Green Party supporters and all NDP supporters in their riding need to vote for the one candidate on the ballot, of the two, who is leading the race between the two.
- We encourage you to broaden the consultation Telehealth is an option that could be expanded for routine matters.
September 9, 2019
- There are many ways to improve seniors’ health (Comment) The chief medical officer’s report – the section on seniors – contains many sound suggestions for improvements to the health care system (with the one exception of income-testing).
September 6, 2019
- Nix the horror stories of user-fees, cost-shares (Comment) Seniors Action Yukon – or SAY – is an independent voice for older Yukoners (55+) committed to speaking out and/or opening dialogue about issues that affect the well-being of older Yukoners.
- The day Jim Robb went to Army Beach My first job in the Yukon was for an electrical contractor.
- Fentie: crusty, controversial, and a legacy leaver (Comment) “Good work,” the parka-clad, would-be premier growled to the ink-smeared editor amid the clattering din of diesel engined-trucks at Second and Main. “We’ll take it from here.”