- RCMP presence showed ‘deep disrespect’: group (40)
- NDP leader, minister trade jabs over construction sites (14)
- CanNor plans to invest almost $5 million in northern projects (8)
- Older students to be asked to wear masks (6)
- Watson Lake town council OKs ex-mayor’s resignation (5)
- Computers for Schools coping with frenzied demand (5)
- Council approves procurement policy (5)
- Results of schools survey chart several realities (4)
July 17, 2020
- As the Star turns 120, some reflections In my 48 years at the Whitehorse Star, I have seen six editors and countless reporters, advertising staff members, production personnel and paper boys and girls pass through our doors.
- Why is Trudeau still standing at the plate? (Comment) It’s too bad that Justin Trudeau never took up baseball.
- Cracking the books on a whole new experience (Editorial) Compared to the complications that loom ahead, from the Yukon government’s perspective, shuttering the territory’s schools in April was the easy part.
July 10, 2020
- Should U.S. groups control Whitehorse trail names? Should Whitehorse expunge the name Boogaloo from its trail maps?
- Environmental assessment and the COVID crisis (Comment) The Yukon Environmental and Socio-economic Assessment Board (YESAB) recognizes the challenges facing many individuals and organizations, in particular First Nations, to participate effectively in assessments during the pandemic.
- Has a four-day work week become inevitable? (Comment) As countries in Europe and North America emerge from lock-down and start trying to rebuild their devastated economies, the great concern is jobs.
July 6, 2020
- Trudeau’s shameful silence hid another agenda So, what was he thinking?
July 3, 2020
- Thanks, Dr. Barnes. We’re in your debt (Comment) The 2020 pandemic put a stop to all measure of events, including high school and college graduations.
- Without evidence,‘Spook Creek’ should continue Is Spook Creek in Whitehorse an offensive name that needs to be expunged from signs, buildings and local maps?
- Let’s bring respect, compassion to one’s opinions (Comment) This is a response to backlash to my article entitled “It’s about money and social class” (Star, June 24).
June 29, 2020
- Let’s draw conclusions after it’s all over During the COVID-19 pandemic, Canadian health officials have admittedly made several major mistakes despite their experience with SARS in 2003.
June 26, 2020
- The self-righteous indignation is out of control (Musing) Today I will deal with a rather touchy subject, a decision that may result in some backlash.
- Get real: racism is not about money (Comment) My name is Phillip “Dominic” Shaw.
- You can’t discuss class division without discussing race (Comment) This piece is in response to Danette Moulé’s commentary, published Wednesday in the Whitehorse Star.