- YG addressing shelter problems: minister (42)
- MP, challenger assess latest SNC-Lavalin twist (31)
- ‘This is the lowest point I’ve ever seen the shelter’ (12)
- Activities heat up at Brewery Creek minesite (6)
- Jury dismissed after judge declares a mistrial (5)
- ‘This beautiful garden is planted in unity’ (3)
- Curriculum changes loom on eve of school year (3)
- Man is entitled to review in territory: court (2)
July 26, 2019
- ‘Fly me to the moon’ is a big waste of money (Comment) “Mars can wait; oceans can’t.”
- The Sixty Mile Goldfields, with a British touch A few summers ago, I came out of the Sixtymile Goldfields here in the Yukon as broke as I could be.
- Aiming for a cleaner, better world – within reason (Musings) In about 11.5 years from now, we should all attend one heck of a party.
- If it’s partisanship now, what was it in 2004? (Editorial) Context, comparison and recall are solid gold in their ability to nourish and expand a vigorous political discussion.
July 24, 2019
- Another narcissist in power, this time in Britain. (Comment) It has been suggested that Boris Johnson (who became the prime minister of the United Kingdom today) is what you would get if Donald Trump had been educated at Eton and Oxford.
July 22, 2019
- Delving into the real refugee problem. (Comment) Every once in a while, a photograph of a migrant’s tragic death (usually that of a child) catches the public’s imagination.
July 19, 2019
- Regaling you about dry rice and road bumps This item was originally published in the longtime Yukon writer’s **Yukoner Magazine** in 1998. The Star is publishing some of its past works on Fridays.
- Liberals have picked partisans for the electoral reform body (Comment) Ed. note: the official Opposition Yukon Party released this statement Wednesday.
- Have money, will travel (and then some) (Editorial) For the past several weeks, Yukon MP Larry Bagnell has been seizing upon the sizzling advantages incumbency can bring to a re-election bid.
July 12, 2019
- The weird, weird sky at Gravel Lake. (Uffish Thoughts) It’s a truism that forest fires can create their own weather.
July 10, 2019
- U.S., Iran: ‘uniquely dysfunctional, divided’ (Comment) Iran has “begun its march ... toward nuclear weaponry,” said Israel’s energy minister, Yuval Steinitz – and that is technically correct.