- It’s 90 more days for the state of emergency (44)
- Disagreement on time issue keeps on ticking (39)
- Budget features record capital spending (16)
- Territory striking out on seniors’ vaccines: report (15)
- Independent living complex receives major funding boost (14)
- Movie crew begins production (14)
- Councillor announces mayoral bid, Patti Balsillie also candidate (14)
- RCMP unperturbed by 2019 crime statistics (11)
December 24, 2020
- Ravens signal a death in mid-winter (Bookends) This is another of those cases where I decided to read the books after seeing the television version of the story.
- Bungee Pet Of The Week
December 18, 2020
- Rendezvous Rotary Club receives $10,000 donation The Rendezvous Rotary Club has received a $10,000 donation from Whiskey Jacks Pub/Big Bear Donair for the club’s local and international community service projects.
- When some kinds of death are not final (Bookends) Sometime in the near future, or perhaps in some alternate timeline, a miraculous thing happens. Anyone who is intentionally killed doesn’t stay dead.
- Lottie Pet Of The Week
December 11, 2020
- Exploring kids’ books for the Christmas season (Bookends) It’s Christmas Eve,
- Shylow Pet Of The Week
December 4, 2020
- Yukon Entertainer Nominated Yukoner Clair Ness’s Broccoli Farm children’s album has been nominated for the Children’s Album of The Year at the Canadian Folk Music Awards.
- Two pulp heroes meet for the first time (Bookends) Before there were original comic books – because the first ones were reprints of newspaper adventure strips – there were pulp magazines, which featured short adventure and mystery novels as well as short stories.
- Storm Pet Of The Week.
November 27, 2020
- A deformed killer leaves a gruesome trail (Bookends) John Gardner, who died in 2007, is one of those journeyman type of writers who seem to be very comfortable playing in other people’s sandboxes.
- Chinook Pet Of The Week
- Yukoner sees his first book published A Parade of Dreams: Poetry Illustrated with Photographs is the first book published by Christopher Wheeler, a Whitehorse author and photographer.
November 20, 2020
- Aliens take on the salvation of the human race (Bookends) Dawn is the first book of an eventual series known as The Xenogenesis Trilogy,
- Manouane Pet Of The Week
November 13, 2020
- Profound reflections on the act of war (Bookends) It was interesting to hear Margaret MacMillan on The Current on Wednesday morning.
- Roman Pet Of The Week
November 6, 2020
- The cleaning lady cleans up after a murder Lily Bard has personal secrets that she would dearly love to keep that way.
- Bruce Pet Of The Week
October 30, 2020
- Multiple murders make for a confusing mystery (Bookends) The opening sentence of this thriller/mystery is a bit misleading.
- Snowball Pet Of The Week
October 23, 2020
- Pieces from the life of the iconic Bob Dylan (Bookends) Bob Dylan has had two wives and six children, among them Jesse and Jacob.
- Lucy Pet Of The Week