- Public meeting set for proposed quarry (10)
- Crime prevention initiatives receive money (9)
- Senior had been high on list for permit (7)
- Residents rally to fire victims’ cause (4)
- Whitehorse residents win $1 million (4)
- Employers’ assessment rates in for some changes (3)
- Boyd hesitant about relaxing city building rules (2)
- Judge to rule on man’s parole eligibility (2)
June 26, 2018
- Marking An Important Day The Dänojà Zho Cultural Centre,
- Walking For A Cause A Brain Tumor Walk took place last Sunday
June 22, 2018
- Protecting Against A Danger Ramesh Ferris, a Whitehorse anti-polio activist, is thanking Whitehorse parents Stefans and Natalie Jackson for recently vaccinating their child, Ilze, against polio.
- Tickling The Ivories Alex Kingston plays
- When the drug problem hits close to home ( Bookends ) While this is billed as book number 5 in the Tracy Crosswhite series, there are at least three major characters whose stories we follow.
- Lucy Pet Of The Week
June 19, 2018
- School graduates one of its largest classes ever Twenty-two students marched up to the stage at the reopened Palace Grand Theatre on June 9 for this year’s Robert Service School Commencement exercises.
June 15, 2018
- Proud Grads Members of the 2018 graduating class of the Individual Learning Centre are seen June 6 at the Kwanlin Dün Cultural Centre.
- Finding the plot behind the pink nightmare ( Bookends ) Back in the late 1960s, I spent my high school summers working in a pulp mill.
- Performance Honoured The 551 Whitehorse Lions Royal Canadian Air Cadets
- Cleo Pet Of The Week
June 14, 2018
- Cadet Recognized The 551 Whitehorse Lions Royal Canadian Air Cadets held their final parade last Sunday.
June 8, 2018
- Ringing out the season on a very high note It’s been a Golden 2017-18 year for the All-City Bands!
- On Stage Tonight The Northern Lights School of Dance
- A spaceship seeks justice in the empire ( Bookends ) “The body lay naked and facedown, a deathly gray, spatters of blood staining the snow around it.”
- Tarka Pet Of The Week
June 1, 2018
- The Dungarees return with brand-new single The Canadian country group The Dungarees is back with their brand-new single, Don’t Hold Back, and a Yukoner has played a major role.
- Performing This Weekend Leaping Feats Creative Dance Works is presenting Dancing Through Life 2018 at the Yukon Arts Centre.
- All about adventures with the alphabet ( Bookends ) There are lots of alphabet books out there,
- Cleo Pet Of The Week
May 25, 2018
- Friends Reunited Yukon polio survivor Ramesh Ferris (right) met and thanked Rick Hansen last week in Whitehorse for his continued inspirational support.
- There are many ways to look at Revival ( Bookends ) Some of Stephen King’s novels take place in a matter of hours; some span years.
- Bob Pet Of The Week
May 18, 2018
- Weeds, weeds, weeds We get them, and unfortunately there is no product available to take care of just weeds, except elbow grease,
- One night of the innkeeper’s tale ( Bookends ) “My name is Kvothe.” (Pronounced like “quoth”).
- Polio survivor making a world of difference Whitehorse resident Ramesh Ferris has just wrapped up a whirlwind polio eradication advocacy tour as part of April’s World Immunization Week.
- Muffin Pet Of The Week
May 16, 2018
- Handle With Care Nick Guenette, left, releases a yellow rumped warbler last Saturday