Photo by Photo Submitted
SPECIAL MOMENT – Minister of Sport John Streicker bestowed special recognition on local Special Olympic athletes who’ve represented Canada at international World Games since 1981. Left to right are Streicker, Michael Sumner, Owen Munroe, Garry Chaplin, Katherine Hall, Ernest Chua, Tyler Repka, Padraig “Darby” McIntyre and Tijana McCarthy. Sumner, Chau and McCarthy were also presented with the Premier’s Award of Excellence for their accomplishments at last year’s World Winter Games in Austria. Photo by SARAH LEWIS
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Collision injures cyclist (15)
- Ex-Yukon Party MLA eyes seat on council (15)
- Couple fined for wildlife violations (13)
- Many Rivers Counselling strike a possibility (8)
- Public service sees senior leadership changes (7)
- New solar project brightens condo complex (6)
- Segregation tops list of suggested WCC reforms (5)
- City bylaw can regulate surface mining: judge (4)