Photo by Vince Fedoroff
The 50th annual Polar Games started today at the CGC. Grade 6 youth from around the Yukon are taking part. The late Carole Keddy, a physical education teacher at F.H. Secondary School started the Games in 1969. Dave Stockdale who was involved with the games in the beginning, spoke briefly and was presented with a special T-shirt. Kwanlin Dün First Nation Sean Smith is beside Stockdale at the opening ceremony.
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Group home’s staff endangered youth: report (26)
- Help conserve energy, YEC asks Yukoners (16)
- Report lays out wide-ranging suggestions (8)
- Yukoners flock to private cannabis store (7)
- Man faces cell time after 2017 collision (2)
- Apartment complex set (2)
- Ottawa pours money into economic diversification (2)
- Athlete named chef de mission for Lima 2019, Tokyo 2020 (1)