Photo by Vince Fedoroff
The 50th annual Polar Games started today at the CGC. Grade 6 youth from around the Yukon are taking part. The late Carole Keddy, a physical education teacher at F.H. Secondary School started the Games in 1969. Dave Stockdale who was involved with the games in the beginning, spoke briefly and was presented with a special T-shirt. Kwanlin Dün First Nation Sean Smith is beside Stockdale at the opening ceremony.
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Rally planned for outside CBC building (28)
- Electoral reform commission members appointed (Revised) (15)
- Stay granted against $800,000 court award (11)
- YG workers may get 5.25 per cent over three years (8)
- Funding aims to roadblock impaired driving (4)
- Mine is is economically viable, study says (3)
- LePage Park to undergo major resurfacing work (2)
- Yukon soccer teams show well in Alaska (1)