Photo by Vince Fedoroff
The 50th annual Polar Games started today at the CGC. Grade 6 youth from around the Yukon are taking part. The late Carole Keddy, a physical education teacher at F.H. Secondary School started the Games in 1969. Dave Stockdale who was involved with the games in the beginning, spoke briefly and was presented with a special T-shirt. Kwanlin Dün First Nation Sean Smith is beside Stockdale at the opening ceremony.
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- You’re laid off, Many Rivers tells workers (18)
- Gravest threat to Whitehorse is wildfires, report confirms (10)
- Judge sworn in before packed courtroom (2)
- City proposes cannabis retailing rules (2)
- Trucker argues own case, receives discharge (2)
- From staff with hearts to bureaucrats with hats (2)
- Many Rivers’ supporters rally, plan event on Sunday (2)
- Former kennel owner, dogs find new haven (2)