Photo by Photo Submitted
HANDING OVER A CHEQUE – Barry Wait, President of the Rotary Club of Whitehorse, presents Jacqueline Shorty, Vice-president of Yukon Aboriginal Sports Circle with a cheque for $20,000. The money will be paid in installments over 10 years of $2,000 each year. The announcement was part of the Club’s anniversary dinner celebrating 50 years of service in Whitehorse. Photo by FRED SMITH
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Veteran Lake Laberge MLA wants to lead the Yukon Party (32)
- City must act to create a safer Second Avenue: councillor (21)
- Budget doesn’t further bear-resistant garbage containers: advocate (13)
- Bagnell satisfied with Throne Speech content (12)
- Warrants out for Yukoners’ arrests (10)
- Supportive live-in program for youth launched (9)
- List of children is expected to reach 700 (6)
- Excellence in mining practices recognized (4)