Photo by Marcel Vander Wier
FUTURE STAR – Neil Mikkelsen releases a stone at the 2015 Suzanne Bertrand Junior Bonspiel Sunday. The Whitehorse Curling Club saw 32 young curlers participate in the event that featured full-ice games and fun off-ice events. The event is held in honour of Bertrand, a longtime Yukon volunteer and curling coach, who lost her battle with cancer in February 2010. She was 62.
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Strategy to cost $500 million over 10 years (38)
- Climate change strategy underwhelms NDP leader (18)
- Potential battery site generates wide opposition from neighbours (17)
- Cathers to seek another term in next election (13)
- Outside investors have been turned away, city told (13)
- Residents’ anxieties have been heard: Yukon Energy (13)
- Potential Tank Farm lots take another step (9)
- Van Bibber to seek second term in Porter Creek North (8)