Photo by Photo Submitted
FRESH SURFACE READY – Brian Whitfield, the president of Tennis Yukon, cuts the ribbon on the newly resurfaced Mt. McIntyre tennis courts last Wednesday afternoon. Board members Stacy Lewis, Vickie Roche and John Tran look on. They were hoping to play a game, but the rain had other ideas. Tennis Yukon manages the courts via a lease with the City of Whitehorse. The courts were built in 2000 and last re-surfaced in 2011. The project was completed after a delay due to COVID-19 complications.
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Council opts to pump $11 million into Games (38)
- Minister unveils anti-inflation assistance measures (37)
- Power, firewood rebates unveiled (31)
- Subdivision’s growth raises traffic anxieties (25)
- Climate Leadership Council’s report lauded (23)
- Moderna bivalent shots imminent (20)
- Ta’an Kwach’an Council pursues housing plan (20)
- NDP proposes trio of affordability measures (19)