Sebastian de Visser, also known as Pan, passed away on September 24, 2021, at Wind River Hospice in Whitehorse, Yukon. He was born on May 26, 1941, in Veghel, The Netherlands.
He emigrated to Canada in 1963 and spent the majority of his life in the Yukon. He was the eighth child of Sebastianus and Christine (Van Hout) de Visser and was predeceased by his parents, his sisters Hanny, Carla and Louise, his brother Gerard, and his son Peter. He is survived by his brother John, his sisters Maria, Thea, Christine and Nancky, his son Christoper, and numerous nieces and nephews. Sebastian loved music and played guitar in a number of bands throughout the Yukon and Alaska.
He also loved tennis and badminton and could often be seen walking along the Yukon River trail with a racquet sticking out of his black bag. Thank you to the amazing people at Thomson Centre, Wind River and Yukon Home Care who cared for him over the past year and a half.
He will be missed by many.
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- YG employees contemplate a new reality (79)
- Many corrections workers on leave, YEU says (51)
- You’re offside with hockey trip, Liberals told (28)
- Some health rules will be slightly relaxed (27)
- YG has ‘bungled’ consultation: YP (17)
- Silver offers frank critique of sitting, parties (16)
- Liberals had ‘unprecedented poor performance’ (15)
- ‘There are definitely growing pains,’ White says (11)