It is with heavy hearts that the Halickman Family announces the passing of their beloved dog Rupert, on November 24, 2021.
Rupert was already an adult dog when he joined our family over 11 years ago, but the fit was instant. Although his actual age was unknown, it was widely accepted that he was incredibly old.
Rupert spent a year with the family on Boxwood Cr., in Porter Creek where he met many lifelong friends. He then lived on 11th Avenue for many years, where the neighbourhood kids unofficially adopted him. It was not unusual for kids unknown to the family to knock on the door and ask if they could play with Rupert, and the answer was always yes.
The legend of Porter Creek’s one-eyed Border collie grew, but the fame never got to his head. Rupert spent his retirement years out in the country, where he continued to steal hearts and kill gophers. Although everyone dearly misses Rupert, we can all agree our lives are better for having known him.
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Release’s timing called ‘spineless, greasy’ (59)
- Teachers, parents called ‘shocked’ by decision (36)
- YG’s Facebook post on firewood ignited indignation (31)
- Yukon political parties assess Quebec’s plans for fines (29)
- YG comments on news release’s timing (23)
- Whistle Bend needs a fire hall: councillor (17)
- COVID outbreak reported at Copper Ridge Place (13)
- Woman apprehended after RCMP chase (10)