It is with great sadness that we announce the unexpected death of Peter Charles Currie. He died suddenly but peacefully during the night, sometime before the morning of July 8.
Peter was a welder by trade and is warmly remembered by his friends in Whitehorse, Yukon, where he lived for the past 35 years.
He is survived by his son Toby Coomans; his stepson Jerrid Hozak; his father Francis (Bob) Currie (Kiss); brothers Richard (Luella), David (Queenie), and Robert (Trish Watson); half brothers Mark, and Robert Eric; and granddaughter Ariel Coomans.
He will be missed by family and friends. A celebration of his life will be held at a future date, yet to be determined.
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Vote split affected outcome, Conservatives agree (27)
- Yukoners to send another Liberal to Ottawa (21)
- RCMP, government apologize over handling of charges against former EA (17)
- Third dose is for immuno-compromised Yukoners (16)
- RCMP offer residents help to prevent thefts in Whitehorse (13)
- Break-in spurs help for store owner (9)
- More cases reported, alert issued (8)
- Candidates assess Yukoners’ verdict (7)