Mike was born in Middlesbrough, England, on May 30, 1950, the third of seven children.
The family moved to Canada in 1957.
Mike was predeceased by his parents, Maurice and Joan Pounder, and his special love Jo Anne Gorski.
Mike is survived by his long-time companion Beth, his six siblings: Chris (Nigar), Jennifer (Ernie), Trevor (Sandra), Gillian, Laurie (Richard), and Alison, many nieces and nephews, and many friends worldwide, too numerous to mention.
A Celebration of Life will be held in early September, date to be announced. At Mike’s request, the Celebration will take place in Mike’s front yard on Hawkins Street.
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Man accused of weapons, drug offences (33)
- Pillai met with fellow immigration ministers (21)
- YP repeats call for fuel tax suspension (16)
- Traffic infrastructure is falling behind: councillor (16)
- Whistle Bend’s expansion takes another step (14)
- Reinstate doctor recruitment post, YP urges (14)
- Officials recommend help for Yukon Cares (13)
- Panel includes Yukon University educator (11)