Marg was born in Edmonton the second child to William (Bill) and Mary Carnegie. She and Drew loved the Yukon. Over her 44 years here she worked s a clerk, secretary, loans officer, store manager, customs officer (at Fraser) housewife and editor of Drew's letters! She was involved in her sorority Beta Sigma Phi, the Eastern Star, Legion and many other charities. She volunteered as a fireperson (MLFD), at Golden Horn School Library, and Marsh Lake Community Association,
Marg's assertiveness will be missed at meetings of the Golden Age Society, Council on Aging and any of the organizations that we may have missed here. In lieu of flowers, donations in her memory can be made to the Mae Bachur Animal Shelter or an animal shelter near you. Celebration of life will be held later in the fall, after the berries have been picked!!
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Man accused of weapons, drug offences (33)
- Pillai met with fellow immigration ministers (21)
- YP repeats call for fuel tax suspension (16)
- Traffic infrastructure is falling behind: councillor (16)
- Whistle Bend’s expansion takes another step (14)
- Reinstate doctor recruitment post, YP urges (14)
- Officials recommend help for Yukon Cares (13)
- Panel includes Yukon University educator (11)