John passed away in his home at 80 years of age in Atlin, BC. He is survived by his dog Pitou; his sister Mavis of Kelowna, BC (previously of Invermere, BC); his children Rick (Tracy) of Sudbury, ON, Britt of Calgary, AB, John of Nanaimo, BC, Miscal (Graeme) of St. John’s, NL, and Tyler of Whitehorse, YT; his grandchildren Mitch (Caroline) of Calgary, AB, Brenna (Dillion) of Ladysmith, BC, and Adam of Calgary, AB; as well as nieces, great-nieces, great-nephews, and cousins in BC and Alberta. John was predeceased by his parents Johan Viktor and Kathleen (Kay) Rose Nesgaard, his younger brother Rodney, countless wonderful “old-timer” friends, and many canine companions.
A celebration of life will be held in early July.
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Elliott leaves chief medical officer role (41)
- ‘COVID-19 is alive and well’ (31)
- Transit fares are thrown under the bus (23)
- Building market remains red-hot (21)
- ‘Minor catastrophe’ of fire sees resort evacuated (17)
- NVD makes huge donation to university (12)
- New OCP envisions taller buildings, land for housing (11)
- Key artery to remain closed into June (9)