It is with deep sadness that, following a brief aggressive neurological disease, John David Austin (Dave) passed away in St. Paul’s Hospital, Vancouver, BC.
He is survived by his beloved wife and cherished companion of 22 years, Elaine. Dave is also survived by daughters, Cheryl Hill (Peter), and Tracy Leigh Austin (Gary Toombs), grandsons, Chris Harris (Thu) and Ryan Harris.
Dave was predeceased by his father, John Austin, his mother Jessie (nee Douglas) and brother, Robert.
Dave lived 47 years in Whitehorse, Yukon and was known for his insightful and understated contributions throughout his career and civic activities.
Special thanks to the neurology and palliative care doctors and staff at St. Paul’s Hospital for their exceptional clinical and compassionate care.
At Dave’s request no service will be held.
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Man accused of weapons, drug offences (33)
- Pillai met with fellow immigration ministers (21)
- YP repeats call for fuel tax suspension (16)
- Traffic infrastructure is falling behind: councillor (16)
- Whistle Bend’s expansion takes another step (14)
- Reinstate doctor recruitment post, YP urges (14)
- Officials recommend help for Yukon Cares (13)
- Panel includes Yukon University educator (11)