August 21, 1938 - June 14, 2021
Islay May Briemon, 82 of Whitehorse Yukon, passed away from complications due to COVID-19 early in the morning of the 14th of June 2021.
The fifth of ten children, Islay was born in Beatty Saskatchewan. Islay was a protective lioness for her children, Kim and Garry. A centre of connection and love for her brothers and sisters, Fern (dec.), Laurina, Deloris (dec.), Betty, Bob (dec.), Judy, Gerry, Len and Wendy. A mischievous collaborator and inspiration for her son-in-law, Richard. Her grandchildren (Matt, Jessica and Kole) and her many nieces and nephews felt the warm embrace of her love.
A stalwart and much loved member of her community, Islay permed, curled, coloured and cut her way through several generations of Whitehorse hair at her Maison Monique and beyond, finally downing her scissors in her late 70’s.
She will be profoundly missed by all. A memorial will be held once her daughter can return to Canada post-COVID travel restrictions, most likely in the summer of 2022.
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Hanley: time to transfer skills to public service (27)
- Vote split affected outcome, Conservatives agree (26)
- Yukoners to send another Liberal to Ottawa (17)
- Third dose is for immuno-compromised Yukoners (15)
- Dunlop relishes the challenge; vows to listen (14)
- The choice is clear, Green candidate believes (12)
- RCMP offer residents help to prevent thefts in Whitehorse (12)
- Break-in spurs help for store owner (8)