The family of Joyce Elliott is saddened to announce her passing on August 1, 2021 at Wind River Hospice House, after a 101 month battle with cancer.
She is survived by her husband of 62.5 years, Larry Elliott; her son Leonard Elliott of Whitehorse; daughter Brenda Elliott Richardson (Jim) of Herbert, Saskatchewan and brother Tom Hintze and family of Surrey, B.C.; three grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
Joyce was very athletic in high school, winning multiple trophies and ribbons in Track and Field. In 1961 she won the Saskatchewan Powder Puff Stock Car Championship. She enjoyed hand gun shooting, horse riding, snowmobile riding and motorcycle touring.
Joyce requested no service and will be cremated.
The family wants to thank Dr. Biss and Dr. Rockenstein, Whitehorse General Hospital staff and the very caring staff at Wind River Hospice House.
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Vote split affected outcome, Conservatives agree (27)
- Yukoners to send another Liberal to Ottawa (21)
- RCMP, government apologize over handling of charges against former EA (17)
- Third dose is for immuno-compromised Yukoners (16)
- RCMP offer residents help to prevent thefts in Whitehorse (13)
- Break-in spurs help for store owner (9)
- More cases reported, alert issued (8)
- Candidates assess Yukoners’ verdict (7)