It is with profound sadness we share the news that Eugene Curley, “The Greatest”, has gone on his final prospecting journey.
Surrounded by his daughters, his fighting spirit succumbed to cancer on May 7, 2022, in the Whitehorse General Hospital at the age of 82. He is now pain free and peacefully joins his beloved Anne Marie and only son Michael.
He is survived by his daughters Darlene (Glen), Denise, Dianne (Doug), and Donna (Mike).
Eugene, ever the proud Pépé, also leaves behind his five granddaughters Angela, Holly, Madison, Caitlyn, and Zoey.
He is also survived by his siblings Josie, Helen, Inez (Jack), Rosemary (Frank), Bernie, Jimmy, and Marion (George), as well as numerous nieces, nephews and a large extended family.
He was predeceased by his sister Bernice, brothers Frank, Damien, and Vernon, and his parents Mark and Rose Curley (nee Smith).
The family would like to thank Dr. Sally Macdonald and the staff at the Whitehorse General Hospital for the wonderful care they gave our father.
The funeral and interment will take place at St. Joseph’s Roman Catholic Parish, Kelly’s Cross, P.E.I
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Secondary school to receive new name (36)
- Liberals ‘politicizing’ top doctor job, Yukon Party says (34)
- Leaders’ forum was held in Old Crow (15)
- Discovery ‘a powerful and moving experience’ (14)
- Direct busing changes to off-ramp: councillor (12)
- High waters still a concern in rural Yukon (8)
- Please join us for the Celebration of Life Jim Logan (2)
- Yukon River Quest engages risk management consultant (2)