On July 5, 2022, Elsie Jean (Schnell) Sillak of Red Deer, Alberta, passed away at the age of 81. Elsie is survived by her children Greg (Geri) Sillak and Michele (Paul) Donohue; grandchildren Candace (Ryan) Carroll, Andrew Sillak, Allen Donohue, Micayla Donohue, Brittany (Cam) Wright, Savanna Jendrasheske, Justin Jendrasheske; great-grandson Emmett Wright, and siblings Don, Gerrie, Allan, Terry, Randy, Sandra, Tim and Rob.
She was predeceased by her husband Ken Sillak, daughter Nicole Jendrasheske, parents Jacob and Johanna Schnell and brothers Wayne and Darrell. Elsie was married to Ken for 60 years. She loved socializing, music, camping, collecting antique glassware, crafts and shuffleboard.
A Celebration of Life will be held at the Airdrie Town & Country (275 Jensen Dr. NE, Airdrie, AB) on Saturday, July 23, 2022 at 11:00 am.
Donations can be made to the Alberta Arthritis Society (phone 1-800-321-1433). Condolences for the family may be emailed to email@example.com (include "Sillak" in subject line). A more detailed obituary can be found at https://meaningfulmemorials.ca.
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Man accused of weapons, drug offences (33)
- Pillai met with fellow immigration ministers (21)
- YP repeats call for fuel tax suspension (16)
- Traffic infrastructure is falling behind: councillor (16)
- Whistle Bend’s expansion takes another step (14)
- Reinstate doctor recruitment post, YP urges (14)
- Officials recommend help for Yukon Cares (13)
- Panel includes Yukon University educator (11)