Gìrá (Little Grouse)
“Edwin; it’s been a long hard year since your passing. It’s been a tough year, what with the Pandemic and all; that kept us apart from Jan. 2020 to June 2, 2020. On my last visit we talked about the young people and how you were very concerned about how things were for them. You wanted so much to attend the last Elders’ meeting (which was cancelled due to the coronavirus). I was really looking forward to the meeting also. Despite it being on radio and Facebook, not many people knew about your passing. We did however, let your band members and associates know.”
The family would like to thank all those who helped us through the ordeal. The following are truly grateful. They are Edwin’s twin siblings Marlon and Melissa O’Brien; step-sons Rick, Leslie, Simon and Darwin O’Brien; also step-brothers and step-sisters and Brother Sweeny Scurvey; nieces Darlene and Dolly; nephews Johnny, Eddy and George Scurvey and nephews and nieces too numerous to mention all thank you from the bottom of their hearts.
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Vote split affected outcome, Conservatives agree (27)
- Yukoners to send another Liberal to Ottawa (21)
- RCMP, government apologize over handling of charges against former EA (17)
- Third dose is for immuno-compromised Yukoners (16)
- RCMP offer residents help to prevent thefts in Whitehorse (13)
- Break-in spurs help for store owner (9)
- More cases reported, alert issued (8)
- Candidates assess Yukoners’ verdict (7)