Brian Eric Mighell Warner was born on September 1st, 1933 in Headley, Hampshire, England and at the age of 88 years, passed away on May 13th, 2022 in the North Okanagan Hospice, Vernon, B.C. Brian is survived by his wife Pauline; two daughters, Helen (John) Shellenberg and Sarah (Tom Petryshen) Warner; and three grandchildren, Catrina, Cael and Claire.
In 1968 Brian, together with his wife and firstborn daughter, immigrated from England to Canada and settled in Whitehorse, Yukon where they lived for the next 32 years. He worked for many years as a bricklayer stonemason, served on numerous committees, including the Yukon Education Council, and was an avid ham radio operator.
Brian and Pauline retired to Vernon in 2002 where he spent many happy years golfing at the Vernon Golf and Country Club.
In respecting Brian's wishes, he was cremated and there will not be any service held. Cremation arrangements were made with BETHEL FUNERAL CHAPEL LTD.,
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Secondary school to receive new name (36)
- Liberals ‘politicizing’ top doctor job, Yukon Party says (34)
- Leaders’ forum was held in Old Crow (15)
- Discovery ‘a powerful and moving experience’ (14)
- Direct busing changes to off-ramp: councillor (12)
- High waters still a concern in rural Yukon (8)
- Please join us for the Celebration of Life Jim Logan (2)
- Yukon River Quest engages risk management consultant (2)