On June 27, Al Thiessen passed away at the age of 79 years. He was surrounded by family in the beautiful home he built with his wife, Gail.
Al was born in Coaldale, Alberta and spent most of his earlier years in the Okanagan before moving to Whitehorse in 1987.
He is survived by his loving wife of 45 years, Gail; daughters Terri (Mike) and Shauna (Charles); granddaughters Kailey (Brooke), Ashton (Flurin), and Isabella, and numerous siblings, nieces and nephews.
Al’s final wishes were to be at home for his final days. This was made possible due to the amazing support of family, friends, and community.
The family would especially like to thank Dr. Ken Quong as well as Hollie, Virginia, and Trina from Home Care. Dr. Alex Kmet, thank you so much for all you did for Dad in his final days.
We will always be grateful for your compassion.
Al will be cremated and a private family memorial will be held at a later date.
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Vote split affected outcome, Conservatives agree (27)
- Yukoners to send another Liberal to Ottawa (21)
- RCMP, government apologize over handling of charges against former EA (17)
- Third dose is for immuno-compromised Yukoners (16)
- RCMP offer residents help to prevent thefts in Whitehorse (13)
- Break-in spurs help for store owner (9)
- More cases reported, alert issued (8)
- Candidates assess Yukoners’ verdict (7)