It is with great sadness that we announce the death of Adriana Assunta Ferro (née Piccaro) in her 82nd year on the evening of Wednesday, August 23. Adriana passed away peacefully after a courageous battle with cancer.
Adriana is survived by her devoted husband of 63 years, Silvio, along with their children Robert and Angela, as well as their son-in-law David.
We wish to thank our many friends and family members who have shown their unwavering love and support for Adriana, especially during the last twelve months.
The family also wishes to express their sincerest thanks to the care teams at BC Cancer Agency, Whitehorse General Hospital and Wind River Hospice House for their kind attention to Adriana during her lengthy illness.
Adriana will be greatly missed for her vibrant personality, sincere love of people and eagerness to share her love of the scriptures with those around her. A memorial service will be held on Saturday, September 2 at 1:00 p.m. at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses located at 191 Alsek Rd, Whitehorse, Yukon Territory.
A live streaming option will be available via Zoom for those unable to attend in person. For meeting ID and passcode, please email email@example.com.
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- City, YEU condemn ‘Million March 4 Children’ (10)
- Coalition sets 2023 living wage at record $21.04 hourly (5)
- Pillai’s trip to India raises issues, YP says (2)
- Soft plastics no longer taken into recycling stream (2)
- Lack of notification ‘very concerning to me’: Pillai (2)
- YG issues special spending warrant (2)
- Councillor wonders if federal lands available for housing (2)
- Premier, business delegation conclude Asia mission (1)