Photo by Whitehorse Star
Whitehorse RCMP responded to a call of a young person being struck by a vehicle while crossing Second Avenue last Saturday.
The incident occurred nine days after a man was killed while trying to cross another part of Second Avenue.
An RCMP spokesperson said police attended Saturday’s scene at 5:15 p.m. The young person was hit while crossing Second Avenue near the A&W restaurant.
Police confirmed that the youth suffered minor injuries. The owner of the vehicle provided a statement to police.
No further details were available as the investigation continues.
On Nov. 21, Merle Gorgichuck, 48, died shortly after he was hit by a southbound vehicle while he was using the crosswalk at the corner of Second Avenue and Elliott Street.
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- City asked for clarity on use of e-bikes (17)
- Tread carefully on housing incentive: Boyd (16)
- Suspects sought after armed robberies (13)
- Historic land claim’s key creators reunite (11)
- Funding unveiled for mining investment event (10)
- Ice bridge enters wider, thicker phase (6)
- Murder trial hears evidence from Carmacks man (5)
- Nurses testify at inquest into woman’s death (Revised) (5)