Photo by Whitehorse Star
A woman faces a string of charges following what Whitehorse RCMP describe as a dangerous driving incident last weekend.
Early last Saturday, police received reports of an intoxicated driver in the Whitehorse area.
Officers located the vehicle and its driver shortly thereafter in the Fish Lake Road area.
Police said Tuesday Florissa Bain, 33, was arrested and charged with the following Criminal Code offences:
• two counts of possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose;
• dangerous operation of a motor vehicle;
• mischief to property over $5,000;
• mischief to property under $5,000;
• two counts of failing to stop after accident; and
• refusing to comply with a roadside breath demand.
Under the Motor Vehicles Act, Bain has also been charged with careless driving and operating a motor vehicle without a licence,
She appeared in court Monday. She has been released on conditions and will next appear in court on Sept. 30.
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- ‘It’s very scary at WGH right now,’ employee says (37)
- First Nation’s Lands Act called historic event (24)
- Housing corporation’s pet policy may cause MDs’ evictions (23)
- Reveal money’s ‘secret sources,’ says NDP (19)
- Two more COVID-19 cases reported in territory (14)
- Council studies proposed Whistle Bend development (9)
- Lobbyists must now report their activities (8)
- Poor hospital working conditions are unprecedented, union says (8)