A 60-year old Watson Lake man faces a string of charges following an incident in the southeast Yukon community on May 13.
Watson Lake RCMP learned that a man had entered a residence and had threatened the occupant with a handgun, police said Monday afternoon.
Officers obtained a search warrant for the individual’s residence and executed a search early last Saturday evening. They seized a loaded SIG Sauer P226 handgun and ammunition of various calibres.
Alfred Magun, 60, stands charged with the following offences under the Criminal Code:
• pointing a firearm;
• uttering threats against a person;
• using firearm in the commission of an offence;
• Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose;
• breaking and entering with intent;
• the careless use of a firearm;
• possession of a restricted firearm/prohibited weapon with ammunition without a licence or registration; and
• the unsafe storage of firearms.
Magun appeared in court last Sunday.
He was remanded into custody and is next scheduled to appear on Wednesday.