Photo by Whitehorse Star
A man and a woman face a string of charges following an incident involving a hatchet and the take-over of a local home.
On Tuesday evening, Whitehorse RCMP said Wednesday, they received a 911 call about two people making threats and taking control of another person’s private residence.
While en route to the dwelling, officers learned that one of the invaders was armed with a hatchet.
Officers had to force their way into the residence to arrest the two individuals.
A search of the home was completed and officers located and seized a .32-calibre handgun.
Rodney Bailey, 47, and Lateesha Wolki, 32, have been charged with the following offences:
• possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose;
• unauthorized possession of a prohibited weapon;
• possession of a restricted weapon with ammunition;
• possessing weapons contrary to an order;
• uttering threats;
• obstruction of the enjoyment of property; and
• breaching a recognizance.
Bailey has also been charged in relation to a Dec. 16 incident where an axe was presented to a male cab driver, who was threatened with it in lieu of the passenger paying the fare.
Bailey stands accused of:
• assault with a weapon;
• uttering threats;
• being unlawfully at large; and
• obtaining transportation by fraud.
There was also a warrant for Bailey’s arrest with regard to an earlier assault.
Bailey and Wolki are being held for court at the Arrest Processing Unit in Whitehorse.
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Vote split affected outcome, Conservatives agree (27)
- Yukoners to send another Liberal to Ottawa (21)
- RCMP, government apologize over handling of charges against former EA (17)
- Third dose is for immuno-compromised Yukoners (16)
- RCMP offer residents help to prevent thefts in Whitehorse (13)
- Break-in spurs help for store owner (9)
- More cases reported, alert issued (8)
- Candidates assess Yukoners’ verdict (7)