Photo by Whitehorse Star
Non-medical masks are now mandatory at all Yukon airports.
Individuals entering the building or the airport terminal will be required to wear a non-medical mask or face covering, the territorial government said Tuesday. This is in addition to the measures announced by Transport Canada on April 20.
“As travel restrictions begin to lift, an increase in airport traffic is anticipated throughout the summer months,” the government said.
“These additional protective measures will help slow the spread of COVID-19 and ensure passengers and airport staff are able to maintain the same level of safety obtained from physical distancing, particularly at crowded sections such as security checkpoints and check-in lines.”
It’s advised that people only enter the airport if it’s absolutely essential.
Yukoners are encouraged to use the free parking or the cell-phone waiting lot when picking up passengers.
Wearing a mask alone will not prevent the spread of COVID-19. All Yukoners must strictly adhere to good hygiene and public health measures such as frequent hand washing and physical distancing, the government noted.
Non-medical face masks or face coverings should allow for easy breathing and fit securely to the head with ties or ear loops.
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- City workers’ parking will cost $3,000 per stall (29)
- Yukon Pride Festival to kick off with historic flag raisings (23)
- Air North named best airline by Tripadvisor (21)
- Drug deaths ‘a cause for real concern’ (19)
- Positives seen in safe drugs site concept (9)
- RCMP offering tips to help avoid thefts from vehicles (7)
- Territory’s third reopening phase to dawn Saturday (6)
- YG warns of possible COVID exposure here and in Dawson (4)