Photo by Whitehorse Star
Effective today, those entering the Canada Games Centre and Takhini Arena must wear a mask.
Patrons will be required to keep their mask on while in the concourses and spectating areas, the city said Friday afternoon.
They may remove their mask as they enter the Wellness Centre, ice surfaces, Field House, Flexi-Hall and Aquatics Centre, but they are required to put it back on afterward.
The decision aligns with last week’s announcement from Dr. Brendan Hanley, the chief medical health officer, who made masks mandatory in common areas in schools outside of the classroom.
“We want to ensure that we are doing our part to help further minimize the spread of COVID-19 in our community,” said Mayor Dan Curtis. “By working together and taking these steps, we can keep each other safe.”
He and city council will continue to closely monitor the situation and consider further restrictions, should they be necessary.
The city is encouraging everyone to do their part and wear a mask in these common areas.
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Officials working on a formal mask policy (54)
- Mandatory mask policy to kick in on Dec. 1 (22)
- Yukon witnesses its largest surge of COVID-19 (19)
- Impaired driving tragedies called preventable (6)
- Mayor floats concept of councillor’s potential conflict (6)
- Crafty crafters continue creating (3)
- Manitoba workers’ arrival has stirred worries: NDP (3)
- Yukon Energy seeks 11.5-per-cent rate hike (3)