Photo by Whitehorse Star
A 55-year-old man was arrested after an incident Wednesday morning in Carcross.
Carcross RCMP responded to word of a man who had reportedly threatened someone at the learning centre in the community.
“As a precaution, the learning centre, as well as neighbouring businesses and organizations, were asked to enter into a ‘hold and secure’ while the incident was being investigated,” police said in a statement.
Officers from Carcross and Whitehorse patrolled the community, as well as the South Klondike Highway, in search of the suspect.
Just after noon, the man, who name was not released, was located in Riverdale by Yukon RCMP Traffic Services and Whitehorse RCMP.
The investigation is ongoing, police said.
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Show leadership on climate change, council told (19)
- Audit called a wakeup call for Education officials (17)
- City council asked to outlaw plastic bags (17)
- Trolley tracks turning hazardous, minister is told (16)
- Union wants to discuss dismissal with mayor (11)
- Dawson’s budget tops $8 million (4)
- Two animal shelters may unite into one as discussions go on (4)
- The North knows: the carbon tax is a scam (1)