Photo by Whitehorse Star
Human remains were found in the Yukon River behind Earls restaurant in the Spook Creek area this morning, the RCMP said early this afternoon.
The identity of the individual has not been confirmed.
The RCMP are working closely with the Yukon Coroner’s Service in the investigation.
More information will be released when possible, police said.
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Liberals report radio silence from parties (19)
- ‘Operators feel like they’re sitting on death row’ (9)
- Patient queries hospital staff’s tendency not to wear masks (9)
- Sport Yukon doles out year-end awards (6)
- Lepage Park resurfacing work begins (3)
- Anti-Poverty coalition applauds health report’s conclusions (2)
- Border relaxation details being worked out (2)
- This overeaction has created a welfare state (1)