Photo by Whitehorse Star
Human remains were found in the Yukon River behind Earls restaurant in the Spook Creek area this morning, the RCMP said early this afternoon.
The identity of the individual has not been confirmed.
The RCMP are working closely with the Yukon Coroner’s Service in the investigation.
More information will be released when possible, police said.
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Downtown abortion rally drew two crowds (12)
- YG eyes limiting dump shopping (12)
- Stiffer bylaw advocated to cope with bears (10)
- ‘We can’t be throwing blame here and there’ (6)
- Man not guilty of refusing to provide a breath sample (6)
- Driver charged after two die in collision ( Revised ) (5)
- YG won’t share how much health review will cost (5)
- MP unveils $2.6 million for women’s groups (3)