- Race for council gains 13th candidate (21)
- Riverfront development height limits set out (9)
- City staff support solar farm (7)
- RCMP followed car after being told of gun (4)
- Elderly mail bombing suspect arrested in Whitehorse (2)
- Impaired driver fined $1,000, loses licence (2)
- Whitehorse entrepreneur gets national nod (2)
- Festival fans expecting clear skies (1)
July 27, 2018
- Why is the CRA singling out northern taxpayers? Ed. note: this is a letter to Diane Lebouthillier, the federal minister of National Revenue.
- Karp can provide the leadership our city needs Rick Karp recently announced that he will be stepping down from the presidency of the Whitehorse Chamber of Commerce to seek the mayor’s position in the upcoming municipal election (Star, July 26).
- You have just kicked a hornets’ nest, Sir Ed. note: this is a letter to Ranj Pillai, the minister of Energy, Mines and Resources (EMR).
July 25, 2018
- Expressing appreciation to these professionals I recently spent the week in the Whitehorse General Hospital.
- The problems will not go away! This letter was almost going to be on a different subject until I got a brainwave: there are two kinds of problems.
- On tags: riddle me this, Batman Because the Yukon government made a mistake,
- Drones equate to a serious risk to privacy Re: “Drones, parking kiosks among recommendations” (Star, July 17).
July 24, 2018
- You’re courting dangerous electoral waters, Sir Ed. note: this is an open letter to Yukon MP Larry Bagnell.
July 23, 2018
- Don’t mask the risks of betting with glamour In this time of concern about fake news, perhaps it is time to look at the ugly step-child of fake news: fake advertisements and specifically one type: gambling ads.
- A race-based monopoly isn’t the answer, Sir Ed. note: this is an open letter to Premier Sandy Silver.
- Suggestions to reduce government spending Ed. note: this is a letter to Premier Sandy Silver.
July 20, 2018
- Marketing prospect is real Twenty years ago, I obtained a U.S. provisional patent on the electric guitar you see in the accompanying photograph.
- Support Boycott Divestment Sanctions On the 100th anniversary of his birth, Nelson Mandella (who died Dec. 5, 2013) would be very proud of his country’s decision to downgrade its embassy in Tel Aviv, Israel, to a basic liaison office.
- More confusion from D.C. The latest tweet from U.S. President Donald Trump confuses me – “People at the higher ends of intelligence loved my press conference.”
- Let’s cut to the chase, Premier Silver Ed. note: this is an open letter to Premier Sandy Silver.
- A Good Samaritan gets slapped with a ticket An 82-year-old veteran of 40 years of Yukon mining – Erich Stoll – found himself slapped with a $75 parking ticket on June 26 for aiding two tourists from Denmark seeking to launch a rental canoe to paddle to Dawson City.
July 18, 2018
- Abortions will remain a reality Well, now we know the decision – Brett Kavanaugh for the U.S. Supreme Court, which was no great surprise.
- Are we into a royal Canadian hot air farce? Prime Minister Justin Trudeau recently came here (Star, July 3) to promise more compensation, inclusion, recognition, reconciliation, respect, support, unification and/or what else?