- Race for council gains 13th candidate (21)
- Riverfront development height limits set out (9)
- City staff support solar farm (9)
- Curteanu is final councillor to confirm plans (6)
- Watson Laker sentenced for fatal assault (5)
- RCMP followed car after being told of gun (4)
- Elderly mail bombing suspect arrested in Whitehorse (2)
- Impaired driver fined $1,000, loses licence (2)
August 17, 2018
- Our campaign will help house the homeless We are writing to inform you about an exciting initiative occurring in Whitehorse.
- I’ll be watching the PM next month If you were the Right Honourable Prime Minister of Canada
- Sir John A. deserves our thanks, not our scorn The man who fostered our identity as Canadians
- Should our city have a ward system? Riverdale, Copper Ridge, Porter Creek, downtown, country residential, Crestview or some other neighbourhood.
- Is lawmakers’ high pay helping the taxpayer? Does the City of Whitehorse really need an overpaid mayor and council?
- How do ‘rights’ apply to hunting and fishing? “Rights” are being used more often since our federal and territorial governments have cause a boondoggle dealing with land claim agreements.
August 16, 2018
- Is Trump’s bark worse than his bite? U.S. President Donald Trump has called former White House aide Omarosa Manigault Newman a “dog.”
August 15, 2018
- Northerners need a minister they can rely on Ed. note: this is a letter to Dominic Leblanc, the new federal minister of Intergovernmental Affairs, Northern Affairs and Internal Trade.
- We must take action on dangerous driving! There are a lot of issues that Whitehorse residents want addressed, and this is one of them.
August 14, 2018
- Always treat influencers with great care There was a time when our parents warned us to stay clear of bad influences, although now it may be a warning about bad influencers.
- Fishing rules make your shore lunch unlawful Cooking and eating a freshly-caught fish on the riverbank or lake shore has been a traditional part of the angling experience right back to the time fire was discovered by our ancestors.
August 13, 2018
- Racism: how did it ever come about? Racism is a prejudice, discrimination or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one race is superior.
- Is Yukon a failing Liberal party experiment? For decades, I have been observing federal and Yukon political shenanigans.
August 10, 2018
- Why are the Liberals igniting a cold war? Ed. note: this is an open letter to the strategic initiatives branch of the territorial Department of Energy, Mines and Resources (EMR).
- I’ll take jail over paying your government’s fine, Mr. Silver Ed. note: this is an open letter to Premier Sandy Silver.
- This was a difficult but the best decision Ed. note: this is a letter to Charles Shewen, the president of the Yukon Fish and Game Association.
- The futility is almost electric This is “watt” it’s like writing to a Canadian minister of Defence – any minister of Defence, whether Conservative or Liberal – with trenchant technical questions regarding nutzoidly expensive weapons like submarines or fighter jets.
- Disturbing musings are the echoes of history People born during the early ’30s will well remember a young lad who grew from a fumbling artist, to a corporal in the German army, and then to chancellor of the German Nation.