The Whitehorse Star is an independent newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986. As of March 4, 2019, the Whitehorse Star prints 3 days per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The Whitehorse Star is an afternoon paper and is available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price: Monday and Wednesday $1.00; Friday: $1.25
- Council opts to pump $11 million into Games (38)
- NDP proposes trio of affordability measures (31)
- Power, firewood rebates unveiled (31)
- Climate Leadership Council’s report lauded (27)
- New poll has Liberals in third place (26)
- Firewood issues are kindling for a problematic winter: YP (20)
- ‘Our thoughts are with the officer and his family’ (16)
- Major Housing Summit to begin tomorrow (11)