The Whitehorse Star is an independent newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986. As of March 4, 2019, the Whitehorse Star prints 3 days per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The Whitehorse Star is an afternoon paper and is available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price: Monday and Wednesday $1.00; Friday: $1.25
- New COVID rules are ‘pivotal’ (71)
- Unions, groups assess mandatory vaccines (46)
- Plastic bags ban sparked spirited debate (23)
- Vaccinations announcement a diversion from school scandal: Dixon (23)
- Petition demands more information (18)
- Would-be mayors stake positions at forum (12)
- Premier welcomes reopened border (8)
- Premier isn’t supporting his minister, opposition says (5)