The Whitehorse Star is an independent newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986. As of March 4, 2019, the Whitehorse Star prints 3 days per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The Whitehorse Star is an afternoon paper and is available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price: Monday and Wednesday $1.00; Friday: $1.25
- Candidates’ campaigns kick into gear (22)
- Frenzied demand for doctors creating frustrations (14)
- Efforts continue to resurrect Many Rivers (9)
- Alexander Street landscaping won’t proceed (6)
- Yukon Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Action Plan released (4)
- Whistle Bend subdivision lots proved popular (3)
- Cyclists ride in North America’s largest Gran Fondo (3)
- Driving school reaches the end of the road (3)