The Whitehorse Star is an independent newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986. As of March 4, 2019, the Whitehorse Star prints 3 days per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The Whitehorse Star is an afternoon paper and is available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price: Monday and Wednesday $1.00; Friday: $1.25
- Downtown site chosen for drug safe-house (57)
- COVID-19 cases still declining (13)
- City asked to agree to charges reduction (12)
- Public notified of 20 new COVID-19 cases (10)
- Worries expressed over easing of COVID rules (10)
- Families to be refunded for July’s child care expenses (6)
- ‘I’m just glad it turned out the way it did’ (5)
- U.S. border stays closed for another month (4)