The Whitehorse Star is an independent newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986. As of March 4, 2019, the Whitehorse Star prints 3 days per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The Whitehorse Star is an afternoon paper and is available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price: Monday and Wednesday $1.00; Friday: $1.25
- COVID here for the long haul, Hanley says (48)
- Dixon: ‘We have put together a great team’ (35)
- NDP outlines plans to tackle addictions woes (31)
- Silver: ‘This has been the honour of my life’ (28)
- COVID restrictions spark protest rally (28)
- Election Undecided pending recount (23)
- Election sees Liberals held to a minority government (23)
- White sees ‘conversations’ in her near future (17)