The Whitehorse Star is an independent newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986. As of March 4, 2019, the Whitehorse Star prints 3 days per week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The Whitehorse Star is an afternoon paper and is available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price: Monday and Wednesday $1.00; Friday: $1.25
- Advisory committee on inclusivity endorsed (33)
- Premier is nearing retirement, YP speculates (26)
- Silver, Trudeau pore over several issues (21)
- Slide area continues to be monitored (20)
- Wall requires special equipment from Alberta (19)
- Research funding supports green power initiatives (15)
- Inaugural Whitehorse-Yellowknife-Toronto flight takes off (13)
- Minister challenged on border crossing remarks (11)