The Whitehorse Star is an Independent Daily Newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986.
The Whitehorse Star is currently published 5 days a week as an afternoon paper. It is generally available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price is currently $1.00 Monday - Friday.
- Petition launched after speaker’s news column (29)
- RCMP respond to incident on picket line (21)
- Whitehorse postal workers join rotating Canada-wide strikes (11)
- Details of carbon pricing rebates still pending (10)
- Museum receives artifacts from famous crash (4)
- Snow snarls traffic, knocks out power (4)
- School given more money for sub teachers: YG (3)
- Yukon Gravy Train is on track for Takhini Arena lease (1)