The Whitehorse Star is an Independent Daily Newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986.
The Whitehorse Star is currently published 5 days a week as an afternoon paper. It is generally available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price is currently $1.00 Monday - Friday.
- Group home reno costs to mirror purchase price (25)
- Average home price cracks $500,000-mark (16)
- College gets $26 million from Ottawa (7)
- Man fined for breaching his probation conditions (5)
- YG adds one French immersion class for kindergarteners (5)
- Cook Street property owners could face LIC vote (5)
- Report on zoning changes comes forward (5)
- Man obtained money through false pretenses: judge (4)