Snowmobilers have joined the Pledge to Drive Safe
- Goeppel to ‘rigorously’ defend herself: lawyer (20)
- Revoke Goeppel’s appointment, NDP tells Liberals (13)
- Protest intends to give a voice to victims (8)
- Tearful mom speaks of pain of son’s loss (5)
- Man sentenced for setting fire to Dawson home (2)
- Insults flowed both ways: subject of complaint (2)
- Faro officials won’t be forcing mobile home residents to move (2)
- Power failure’s duration: seven minutes to three hours (2)
Subscribers only access
February 21, 2017
- Building walls: isn’t there an app for that? Walls are great if you remember their structural limitations, and humans have been building strong, secure walls for thousands of years.
February 20, 2017
- And all I wanted to do was stock the campground! Since returning to the Yukon in ’98, I have, with one exception, provided firewood for the local campground every year.
- Why are we the baby of the Canadian family? Yukon is the baby of the family of regions in Canada.
February 17, 2017
- I guess cold cash beats willing volunteers So my perfect morning cup of coffee was wrecked the other day when CBC interviewed George Harvey, the president of the Glacier Bears swim club.
- Councillor’s remarks were an uncalled-for slam I sat and listened to city councillor Rob Fendrick unleash his objections
- Why should ratepayers be on the hook for this? Ed. note: this is an open letter to Economic Development Minister Ranj Pillai, who is also responsible for the Yukon Energy Corp.
- A game changer First Nations meeting with the Yukon government (Star, Jan. 16)
- A kernel of truth? I was listening to that alternative radio station, CJUC-92.5 FM,
February 16, 2017
- Federal budget time is looming again Here are some opinions and predictions about the next federal budget’s tax measures.
February 14, 2017
- This bill’s provisions are an outrage Ed. note: this is an open letter to Yukon Senator Dan Lang and Yukon MP Larry Bagnell.
- Leaders’ key summit bore some fruit Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s and U.S. President Donald Trump’s meeting Monday in Washington had a great result for both countries.
February 10, 2017
- Use the millions on the causes of the tragedies Ed. note: this is an open letter to Carolyn Bennett, the minister of Indigenous and Northern Affairs.
- City council is skewing its priorities Whitehorse city council members have apparently forgotten that when given the trust from the voting public,
- Please justify your position, Mr. Bagnell This week, Yukon’s Member of Parliament, Larry Bagnell, voted against MP Gérard Deltell’s private member’s motion regarding private health and dental plans.
- Everybody’s kissing up to a select group now Premier Sandy Silver and his ministers have joined with the Council of Yukon First Nations (CYFN) to “speak with one voice” for Yukon in Ottawa (Star, Feb. 3).
- Do these various attributes make the Yukon unique? The Yukon has many unique things about it.