A main sport of the season was in full force at the Canada Games Centre Saturday and Sunday with the Yukon Figure Skating Championships,
More than 500 players representing 49 Yukon minor soccer teams took to indoor courts across the city to play in the Whitehorse FC annual futsal Toonie Tournament.
It was a busy Saturday of learning new sports and friendly competition for Special Olympics Yukon athletes at the Development Games.
- Accused man had unhappy early life: forensic psychiatrist (17)
- Bullying bylaw considered for city facilities (13)
- Murder trial enters its final stages (8)
- Building 17-km road caused substantial damage (6)
- Man claims he was assaulted in custody (6)
- Latest outage sees estimated 7,825 customers lose power (4)
- Whitehorse-Victoria flights to begin next May (4)
- Optimism reigns at major tourism summit (3)
Subscribers only access
December 12, 2017
- Don Sumanik races held in challenging conditions The first event in the Don Sumanik Memorial Races ran Satuday at Mount McIntyre even with the warm weather challenges that were affecting the course.
December 8, 2017
- Winter sports impacted by record-high temps With the mercury reaching new temperature highs on two consecutive days in Whitehorse,
- Quest sees largest field since 2009 Registration for the 2018 Yukon Quest wrapped up at the beginning of December
- Eyeing The Finish Line Grade 2 student Emersyn Hrebien from Grey Mountain Primary School
December 7, 2017
- Students get first taste of Arctic sports Seventy-four students from seven Whitehorse elementary schools bound on Porter Creek Secondary School on Wednesday to participate in the sixth Yukon Arctic Sports Inter-School Championship.
- Nishikawa poised for second Paralympic Games Whitehorse skier Graham Nishikawa is gearing up for his second Paralymic Games as a guide for cross-country skier Brian McKeever.
December 6, 2017
- CrossFit moves into new downtown home A new CrossFit gym is officially open downtown after making the move from Riverdale to take over the old Arctic Star Printing space.
- Sweeping for a spot at the AWG After a hiatus at the last Arctic Winter Games in Greenland,
- McCullough’s brace decides the game James McCullough, a long-time veteran of Whitehose Rapids over 35’s soccer,
December 5, 2017
- DPSAY hosts first Twister race of the season The Dog Powered Sports Association of the Yukon (DPSAY) held their first event of the racing season Sunday morning with a turnout of 15 competitors in the main 10-mile race.
- Biathlon Yukon shooting for AWG trials The Biathlon Yukon season is in full swing with the early focus on preparing for the upcoming Arctic Winter Games trials for those eligible.
- Making A Pass About 30 hopefuls
December 4, 2017
- Rivermen cap off big bantam hockey weekend The second home series of the season for the Yukon Rivermen capped off a busy weekend showcasing bantam hockey in the territory.
- Bantam AWG development team faces first test It was a learning experience for the Yukon Arctic Winter Games bantam development team in their International Showdown this weekend at Takhini Arena.