Jake Hanson, the head coach for the Yukon Selects men’s team last season
The captain for Hvactech Systems (centre)
The Whitehorse Rapids Speed Skating Club is hard at work on the ice preparing for the new season.
- Dog rescue owner will appeal court order (12)
- Data confirm significant hunger numbers evident in Whitehorse (8)
- Pilots’ group expresses concern over legislation (5)
- End of Greyhound service seems a certainty (3)
- City asked to support annual Yukoner Appreciation Day (3)
- Liberals plan groundbreaking radon legislation (3)
- Mapping out courses for the orienteering championships (2)
- Survivors’ voices being silenced, Hanson says (2)
Subscribers only access
October 20, 2017
- River Quest to increase numbers, celebrations for 20th anniversary race Heading into the 20th year,
October 19, 2017
- Bryce Anderson making waves with Yale Academy Whitehorse hockey player Bryce Anderson is off to a fast start with his undefeated team in the Canadian Sport School Hockey League (CSSHL).
October 18, 2017
- Cozens named to Team Canada U-17 Wearing the red maple leaf and representing his country has always been a dream for Dylan Cozens — a dream that came true on Tuesday.
- Mapping out courses for the orienteering championships Athletes will be racing through the forests of the Yukon in August 2018
October 17, 2017
- Athletics Yukon welcomes new field event pits Track and field athletes will have a new place to practice their events with jump and throw pits installed at F.H. Collins Secondary School.
- Silver Sled dog race may fold, lacking board members The Silver Sled dog race may be in jeopardy if new board members don’t step up.
- Pulido’s yield too great Simon Pulido is like a vintage wine,
October 16, 2017
- Bracing the snowy weather for the final Athletics Yukon trail run of the season Running on snowy rolling hills along the water on a chilly Sunday morning,
October 13, 2017
- Hockey is back: Oldtimer league kicks off Hockey season is back and leagues are starting up across the city.
- Yukon set to host Aboriginal Sport Circle Summit Whitehorse will host delegates from across Canada this weekend for the national Aboriginal Sport Circle Summit.
- First To The Line Runner Lindsay Carson won her fourth straight Victoria Marathon 8-kilometre race
October 12, 2017
- Ready for snow: curling and ski clubs prepare for new seasons With the first snowfall blanketing the city Wednesday night,