- Whitehorse AA meetings Are held daily at different locations. Call 1-877-364-7277 for a meeting schedule.
- Whitehorse Food Bank 306 Alexander Street Hours for food pick-up, Tuesday 10-1 and 3:30-5pm, Thursday: 10-1 and 3:30-6:30. Call 393-2265 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Alzheimer Dementia Family Caregiver Support Group Meets Monthly. A group for family and friends caring for someone with dementia. Call Joanne at 668-7712 for info.
- Whitehorse will experience 50% partial solar eclipse, Yukon Astronomical Society handing out 200 solar viewers to observe safely at Shipyards Park Aug. 21st, 9-11am.
- Tennis Mountain bike camp, Aug 22nd-25th, 9am-4:30pm, spots open $240. Need own bike.
- Yukon Orienteering Association meet August 30th on the Yukon College map. Register 6pm at student parking lot. Call Jen at 335-1139 for info.
- Elijah Smith School Council’s AGM is Tuesday, September 5th, 6:30pm in the school library. Everyone is welcome to attend.
- Jack Hulland School Council’s AGM is Wednesday, September 6th, 7pm in the school library. Everyone is welcome to attend.
- Porter Creek Secondary School Council’s AGM is Wednesday, September 13th, 6:30pm in the school library. Everyone is welcome to attend.
- Historical Evening Prayer Anglican in Old Log Church, 3rd & Elliott St. Wednesday & Sunday’s 7pm, till August 30th.
- YG has tripled in size in 24 years (29)
- Clouds obscure concept of Yukon ‘sunshine list’ (13)
- Old vehicles impeding redevelopment: KDFN (4)
- Officer’s assault was not planned: defence (3)
- Confiscated pills confirmed to be fentanyl (2)
- Contracting firm sued for $15,000-plus (2)
- Gov’t soliciting views on carbon tax rebate (2)
- Power for mines is plentiful: Yukon Energy (1)