The Whitehorse Star is an Independent Daily Newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986.
The Whitehorse Star is currently published 5 days a week as an afternoon paper. It is generally available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price is currently $1.00 Monday - Friday.
- Ground problems stall work on care facility (30)
- Hartland, Boyd voted against ex-manager’s firing (16)
- Growth planned for Yukon Gardens greenhouse (12)
- Decision on quarry put off for several weeks (9)
- Details surrounding new judge remain unclear (3)
- Inquiry’s hearings will begin in Whitehorse (3)
- Please, let’s not build a quarry at Miles Canyon (2)
- Watson Lake workers strike after lockout (2)