The Whitehorse Star is an Independent Daily Newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986.
The Whitehorse Star is currently published 5 days a week as an afternoon paper. It is generally available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price is currently $1.00 Monday - Friday.
- YG has tripled in size in 24 years (29)
- Clouds obscure concept of Yukon ‘sunshine list’ (13)
- Old vehicles impeding redevelopment: KDFN (4)
- Officer’s assault was not planned: defence (3)
- Confiscated pills confirmed to be fentanyl (2)
- Contracting firm sued for $15,000-plus (2)
- Gov’t soliciting views on carbon tax rebate (2)
- Power for mines is plentiful: Yukon Energy (1)