The Whitehorse Star is an Independent Daily Newspaper, 100% locally owned and operated. It is one of two newspapers in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Whitehorse Star was founded in 1900 and progressed from a weekly to twice-weekly, three-times weekly during the 1960s, to five times per week briefly around 1980-1983. It has been published five times per week since about 1986.
The Whitehorse Star is currently published 5 days a week as an afternoon paper. It is generally available after 2:00 p.m. Cover price is currently $1.00 Monday - Friday.
- Townhouses would be an ‘eyesore,’ council told (14)
- Public hearing set on townhouse proposal (11)
- Kennel owner not disclosing dogs’ whereabouts (10)
- Optics around office closure ‘horrible’: YEU (10)
- Pedestrian sues cabbie, company over accident (7)
- Rollover takes life of award-winning firefighter (5)
- Yukon loses respected flood forecaster (4)
- Bright picture forecast for affordable housing (4)