Photo by Vince Fedoroff
LITERACY GOLFING – The Yukon Learn Peter Gzowski Invitational took place Saturday at the Mountain View Golf Course. After missing last year, the event was back stronger than ever with 124 participants. More than $25,000 was raised this year and the local event has generated $700,000 since starting in 1992. Celebrities this year were local volunteers dressed as super heroes and Star Wars figures. Right, Julie Anne Ames (kneeling), the executive director of the Yukon Learn Society, is seen with Dr. Strange, Scarlet Witch and Deadpool.
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Expect more COVID cases, Yukoners told (35)
- ‘I am concerned about this outbreak’: MD (31)
- COVID-19 claims third Yukoner’s life (24)
- Couple should apologize to Beaver Creek residents: premier (19)
- Case count rises; enforcement details released (16)
- Northwestel rolls out Internet plan (15)
- Couple fined for Beaver Creek vaccine caper (15)
- City hall reconstruction project progresses (10)