Photo by John Tonin
A FESTIVE OPENING – With opening ceremonies fitting for an Olympics, the 51st annual Grade 6 Polar Games commenced last Thursday at the Canada Games Centre. On the left, Maddison Mills and Derek Marcottean, both from Takhini Elementary, enter the stadium carrying the Polar Games flag. On the right, Hidden Valley School student Linnea Roberts lights the Polar Games Light. The torch Roberts carried in symbolized the light every student brought with them from their home community and school.
Add your comments or reply via Twitter @whitehorsestar
In order to encourage thoughtful and responsible discussion, website comments will not be visible until a moderator approves them. Please add comments judiciously and refrain from maligning any individual or institution. Read about our user comment and privacy policies.
Your name and email address are required before your comment is posted. Otherwise, your comment will not be posted.
- Dixon slams Liberals’ ‘grave abuse of power’ (37)
- Party poised to render leadership verdict (19)
- With trepidation, business owner readies to reopen (18)
- Warming Yukon River adversely affecting salmon (15)
- Cases could have numbered in the thousands: data (12)
- Cabott proposes support for business community (8)
- Co-runners congratulate Dixon as Hassard surrenders the helm (7)
- Dining out, personal services on cusp of returns (7)